E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SoCal Autoshop List

10-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #309
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasitime View Post
Any body shops on the west side of LA? I need my bumper repainted. Every decent places seems to be out east...
Bumper Solutions. Shop was recommended by Son Tran aka Curb Rash Master. He does work for high end dealerships. He's mobile too. Going to get some work done on Sunday morning.

800-782-1989 (business)
310-882-0280 (cell)

Last edited by hongsc; 10-17-2013 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #310
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
awesome powder coating... even have same day service if you don't mind paying for it.

Primo Powder Coating & Sandblasting
17592 Gothard St
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Serving Huntington Beach and surrounding area

http://www.yelp.com/biz/primo-powder...ntington-beach
      12-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #311
jerryh
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 R11R Red

Well, I have looked through the posting, and if something is here, I have not found it.
I want an good independent mechanic/group for doing routine maintenance and repairs in the Orange, Tustin, Santa Ana area.
Not looking for performance enhancements (at this point) but need someone other than the expensive dealers for doing out-of-warranty work.
I have not yet bought the 2008 328i coupe, but want to be prepared.
Attached Images

Last edited by jerryh; 12-30-2013 at 09:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #312
motuman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 bimmers

looking for somone to change over catless downpipes

I just picked up a nicely modded e92, with catless downpipes.

I am going to have to change back to catted DP's to pass smog.

Anyone have a hook-up in the Santa Barbara-Ventura area? The shops in SB kill us on labor, but I've heard of guys down in LA getting done pretty cheap....if you find someone who's done a bunch of them.

Anyone have a suggestion for DP work in the Santa Barbara - Ventura area?

Thx !
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 05:56 PM   #313
rantexan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Any good shops near LAX for mods?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #314
rantexan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantexan View Post
Any good shops near LAX for mods?
And inexpensive carbon fiber interior wraps?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #315
tkong
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2011 space gray

any reviews on south bay independent in gardena? they have good yelp reviews
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 12:15 AM   #316
IKonic LA
Private
Rep
Drives: All BMWs

Count us in!

Service
Installs
Distribution

Last edited by IKonic LA; 01-30-2014 at 06:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:29 AM   #317
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
McKenna BMW
10900 Firestone Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650

-Service
-Parts
-Installs
-Alignments
-Detail
-Courtesy vehicles
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #318
ice_nyne
Perpetual Kickdown Mode
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 N51 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekthecat View Post
Thumbs up for Owen at Ultimate Autohause. It's such a relief to have a trustworthy shop to take my car to.
+1

I have been taking my cars there before I owned a bimmer. They are awesome and as its been said, they do not up sell you or perform unnecessary work.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #319
twinship
Booosted
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_nyne View Post
+1

I have been taking my cars there before I owned a bimmer. They are awesome and as its been said, they do not up sell you or perform unnecessary work.
Location?
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, ER CP, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), Akebono pads, OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #320
ice_nyne
Perpetual Kickdown Mode
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 N51 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinship View Post
Location?
Ultimate Auto Hause
4572 Lincoln Avenue, Cypress, CA‎
(714) 952-2705

It was mentioned earlier in the thread
      02-18-2014, 06:12 PM   #321
twinship
Booosted
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_nyne View Post
Ultimate Auto Hause
4572 Lincoln Avenue, Cypress, CA‎
(714) 952-2705

It was mentioned earlier in the thread
Thx, I missed the original post.
2008 BMW 335i//Jet Black on Black Dakota Leather//Steptronic, Sport Package, Premium Package, Logic7 Sound, Aluminum Trim, iPOD & USB, Cobb S1+ Sport, ER FMIC, ER CP, K&N Filter, H&R Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, ECS Tuning spacers (F-10mm/R-15mm), Akebono pads, OEM Rear Aero Spoiler, OEM Sport Diffusor, Cyba 3.8" Tips, OEM Aluminum Pedals, M-tech Steering Wheel, Clear Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #322
805beemer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Any recommend a shop to get an aftermarket clutch/flywheel installed?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #323
e90-4aj
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: E46-M3, F80-M3, 970 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantexan View Post
And inexpensive carbon fiber interior wraps?
looking for a place in socal that does the cf fabric install for the interior - please send pm/post on here

thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 01:10 AM   #324
Str8Blck328I
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 328I

A Powdercoating job gone horribly wrong beware~

This will be a long post concerning this shop-

I have had some bad experiences at shops before (haven't we all?) But this one takes the cake. Yes Dan and his crew seem quite nice- but I personally had nothing but a nightmare experience. I drive a 2011 328I Black on black car and as someone that values his ride, since my car is black it is almost impossible to go a week without washing it. I washed my vehicle on the Saturday before I dropped it off at Primo on Monday- this would mean my car was washed 2 days prior to being dropped off for the wheels - why is this important you ask? well I after I picked up my car from Primo it was extremely dusty I mean totally filled with dust. i didn't say anything since I just figured it was just that dust. I didnt wash my car right away since a little mix up about doing my lug nutz and that meant I had to bring the car back (I did just 2 days later) So after I brought my vehicle back to Primo for the lug nutz- I washed the vehicle that day to enjoy my new rims well that didnt happen at all.

I was horrified to see that there was overspray ALL OVER MY CAR! This is why I started with the fact that I had just washed the car and if your thinking maybe your car was somewhere on Sunday that could of been the cause of the overspray.. one I would of noticed~ and I was at church all day (had a meeting till 5pm) and then I was home no painting at all going on in the neighborhood. Primo will not claim responsibility (Though he gave me $250 for me to have a detail done) Now I will come back to this portion in bit but more horrifying areas to touch on.

When I first picked up my vehicle I noticed the back driver side rim had a mark that was in the paint (it was not a scratch it would not even buff out) I pointed this out when I brought the vehicle in for the lug nutz. Dan said he would redo the rim whenever I wanted to bring the car back in. Now after I had discovered that the rim was the least of my concerns (OVERSPRAY) I actually ended up dinging my front driver side wheel... (I do not hit curbs- but being upset at this whole thing got me). Dan was nice in saying he would redo that wheel as well (I will post pics of this) So me trying to be trusting and really just wanted my wheels to be done with.. I allowed Primo one more shot at this- Needless to say my wheels came out worse-

For those of you deciding to go this faster route with PRIMO- know this - they do not fully strip a wheel before they coat them- how do I know this? Well Dan told me it would take 3 days to send your wheels off to be stripped- that means in a single day job.. he is not doing this... I also knew this when I picked up my car after the wheels were done the second time~ I have center caps and the center caps were barely in place - and he admitted that they just resprayed them. as I said I will post a picture of what is happening to my wheels.

Now back to my real concern- after I sent the pictures of what was going on with my wheels he refunded 230$ for the job PRIMO did. this gives me a full refund- yet if your following me- it does zip for the damage to my car's paint.

This is such a headache because- I paid for a service and as you can see it was not provided- and to top it off I am out whatever extra it is going to cost to make sure my car's paint is brought back to what it was prior- so as I said as well PRIMO will not take responsibility for the damage to my paint- they are insistent that they only work with powder- BUT lets look at that

One Dan says they only work with powder-no wet paint.

1. This tells me you know that there is a possibility that IT was powder all over my vehicle when I picked it up.
2. Dan said there was no way that the powder could not adhere to the paint- This I found out is not true whatsoever~ if it is hot enough I have been told and of course my car can testify that it can indeed. (My car sat all day Tuesday in the sun (80+) Car is black you do the math.)
3. Dan tells me that they did not put a COVER over my vehicle because it came in too dirty.... now I already told you my car was washed 2 days prior- there is no way it was that dirty and if it was WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT YOU PUT IT OUT OF HARMS WAY?

Now my fellow E90 people you can have a perfectly good experience here- someone indeed had already.

but this was my experience and as I have said we all have had some bad ones... this too me is at the top of that short list.

Email from Dan-
Hector,

We do close to 5,000 rims a year and have done so for the last 5 yrs
I have never had a rim do that on us.
Nor have we ever had anyones car end up with paint all over it.

We do not put car covers over cars that come in dirty. That would scratch them. We blow them off with clean air.
Your car came in too dirty to cover according to my crew.

I have no problem giving you a full refund for the "same day wheel" service.

Every company has jobs that go south - sorry yours did not go well.
We had the best intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtron View Post
awesome powder coating... even have same day service if you don't mind paying for it.

Primo Powder Coating & Sandblasting
17592 Gothard St
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
Serving Huntington Beach and surrounding area

http://www.yelp.com/biz/primo-powder...ntington-beach
Attached Images

Jesus Loves You!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #325
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
dude, that fuggin sucks!

my f10 550 turned out great and still looks so damn good right now. i still look at them like "damnnn" every time i walk away.

hope you get it sorted and i also hope you're a one-off experience because i have other cars going there in the future.

good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Blck328I View Post
This will be a long post concerning this shop-

I have had some bad experiences at shops before (haven't we all?) But this one takes the cake. Yes Dan and his crew seem quite nice- but I personally had nothing but a nightmare experience. I drive a 2011 328I Black on black car and as someone that values his ride, since my car is black it is almost impossible to go a week without washing it. I washed my vehicle on the Saturday before I dropped it off at Primo on Monday- this would mean my car was washed 2 days prior to being dropped off for the wheels - why is this important you ask? well I after I picked up my car from Primo it was extremely dusty I mean totally filled with dust. i didn't say anything since I just figured it was just that dust. I didnt wash my car right away since a little mix up about doing my lug nutz and that meant I had to bring the car back (I did just 2 days later) So after I brought my vehicle back to Primo for the lug nutz- I washed the vehicle that day to enjoy my new rims well that didnt happen at all.

I was horrified to see that there was overspray ALL OVER MY CAR! This is why I started with the fact that I had just washed the car and if your thinking maybe your car was somewhere on Sunday that could of been the cause of the overspray.. one I would of noticed~ and I was at church all day (had a meeting till 5pm) and then I was home no painting at all going on in the neighborhood. Primo will not claim responsibility (Though he gave me $250 for me to have a detail done) Now I will come back to this portion in bit but more horrifying areas to touch on.

When I first picked up my vehicle I noticed the back driver side rim had a mark that was in the paint (it was not a scratch it would not even buff out) I pointed this out when I brought the vehicle in for the lug nutz. Dan said he would redo the rim whenever I wanted to bring the car back in. Now after I had discovered that the rim was the least of my concerns (OVERSPRAY) I actually ended up dinging my front driver side wheel... (I do not hit curbs- but being upset at this whole thing got me). Dan was nice in saying he would redo that wheel as well (I will post pics of this) So me trying to be trusting and really just wanted my wheels to be done with.. I allowed Primo one more shot at this- Needless to say my wheels came out worse-

For those of you deciding to go this faster route with PRIMO- know this - they do not fully strip a wheel before they coat them- how do I know this? Well Dan told me it would take 3 days to send your wheels off to be stripped- that means in a single day job.. he is not doing this... I also knew this when I picked up my car after the wheels were done the second time~ I have center caps and the center caps were barely in place - and he admitted that they just resprayed them. as I said I will post a picture of what is happening to my wheels.

Now back to my real concern- after I sent the pictures of what was going on with my wheels he refunded 230$ for the job PRIMO did. this gives me a full refund- yet if your following me- it does zip for the damage to my car's paint.

This is such a headache because- I paid for a service and as you can see it was not provided- and to top it off I am out whatever extra it is going to cost to make sure my car's paint is brought back to what it was prior- so as I said as well PRIMO will not take responsibility for the damage to my paint- they are insistent that they only work with powder- BUT lets look at that

One Dan says they only work with powder-no wet paint.

1. This tells me you know that there is a possibility that IT was powder all over my vehicle when I picked it up.
2. Dan said there was no way that the powder could not adhere to the paint- This I found out is not true whatsoever~ if it is hot enough I have been told and of course my car can testify that it can indeed. (My car sat all day Tuesday in the sun (80+) Car is black you do the math.)
3. Dan tells me that they did not put a COVER over my vehicle because it came in too dirty.... now I already told you my car was washed 2 days prior- there is no way it was that dirty and if it was WOULD IT BE TOO MUCH TO ASK THAT YOU PUT IT OUT OF HARMS WAY?

Now my fellow E90 people you can have a perfectly good experience here- someone indeed had already.

but this was my experience and as I have said we all have had some bad ones... this too me is at the top of that short list.

Email from Dan-
Hector,

We do close to 5,000 rims a year and have done so for the last 5 yrs
I have never had a rim do that on us.
Nor have we ever had anyones car end up with paint all over it.

We do not put car covers over cars that come in dirty. That would scratch them. We blow them off with clean air.
Your car came in too dirty to cover according to my crew.

I have no problem giving you a full refund for the "same day wheel" service.

Every company has jobs that go south - sorry yours did not go well.
We had the best intentions.
      03-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #326
ItsSwayzeBaby
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Does anybody know any good shops in Ventura?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 04:59 PM   #327
chrisE92
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

any good service shops in west LA? I want to go to the M shop but they're a little too far :\
      04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #328
Offset Motorwerks
Rep
Drives: E92

Count us in. We do everything from service to installs.

Offset Motorwerks
Glendora,CA
626-335-0652

Sean
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2014, 04:32 PM   #329
undr8dempire
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

5150 Racing
3201 S. Harbor Blvd
Santa Ana, CA 92704
(714) 623-7467
info@5150-racing.com
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 07:02 PM   #330
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
McKenna BMW
10900 Firestone Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650

-Service
-Parts
-Installs
-Alignments
-Detail
-Courtesy vehicles
I walk into the service department and no one acknowledge my existance. Maybe i'm not wearing a suite??
Courtesy vehicle not available so they sent me to enterprise which was like 10-13 minutes away. The earliest time that enterprise open is 8am so I have to wait til they open at 8am, get dropped off at mckenna to pick up my vehicle. Doesn't work well when you work morning shift.

The only good thing that came out of that ordeal was this one HOT!! blonde girl at enterprise..
Appreciate 0