E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Waterpump issue solved!***

08-16-2021, 10:08 PM   #1
vivaladav
Ether
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 Msport

Garage List
2023 BMW X1  [9.50]
Waterpump issue solved!***

After spending eight hours under the car I figured I’d share one of my wins with you guys. This car is notorious for having electrical gremlins. One day I was driving and my car overheated the fan got really loud but I was really confused I plugged in my Carly and it said no signal to water pump communication error. I’m confused because I just changed my water pump for months ago. I come to the forums for help no solutions I checked my fuses I checked the red box on top of the battery everything. I try to start the bleed procedure and I would just hear a click or a clicking noise from the water pump but it wouldn’t turn on and bleed. I check my voltage on my battery it was an 11.97 I got my second car my jumper cables attached it to my battery had my voltage back at 12.57 try to bleed procedure same thing just a clicking noise and yes I know how to do the bleed procedure. So I gave up and I gave in I got a new water pump from FCP euro. Under the replacement lifetime warranty. Hooked everything back up did the bleed procedure it was clicking just like the old one. I was so upset it took me six hours. I took a break ate some thing and hoped that a solution would come. Then I remember a ground cable that I saw next to the water pump it looked a little corroded. I said no way but it’s worth a shot took it off cleaned it up with some Scotch-Brite water pump turned right on seven hours of my time wasted but I did find a solution and I will be getting a refund for the parts I bought. Just figured I’d share maybe I can help someone since I didn’t have any luck doing my research. Good luck as I’ll leave a picture of the ground but I had to clean up
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
e91Owner424.50
      08-17-2021, 11:58 PM   #2
Steve Sas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i 2008

The water pump has its own ground/negative connection on the plug.
Never looked but does this ground go to the plug on the pump?
Appreciate 0