E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > [serious topic] Who will support me in legislation change?

07-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #45
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
I'm down with it. Is this about getting rid of the front plate law? You didn't really make it clear. Legal to vote and I'll definitely put in effort to spread the word.

And the dude who said "f the police" please grow up...the only thing between you and criminals are the police, kid.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #46
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggletooth View Post
Hey guys, if you don't wanna participate, don't. This is America, feel free to sit on your fat asses and do nothing. But don't try to shit on people making a change and taking part in the storied tradition of fixing asinine laws. I couldn't care less if you don't wanna participate, but go ahead and exit this thread if you don't have anything productive to add.
Ah, censorship, the storied tradition of a Fascist State! Thanks for the lesson in the Constitution.

You do see the irony here...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #47
Mr.Rnow
*_*809*_*
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW E9x

Im with u they should remove that F**king law.

Nj
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #48
williamf
Audi Convert
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: 335i Now: TTRS stage 2+

Quote:
Hey guys, if you don't wanna participate, don't. This is America, feel free to sit on your fat asses and do nothing. But don't try to shit on people making a change and taking part in the storied tradition of fixing asinine laws. I couldn't care less if you don't wanna participate, but go ahead and exit this thread if you don't have anything productive to add.
I am not sure which posts you are referring to, but I hope mine were understood as productive and having little fun. I support the idea, but am also trying to be realistic and I am trying to put the issue in its proper context. It does not do anyone any good to just be a cheerleader when there are real difficulties to consider.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #49
cb2188
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 DCT

I support you. I am from NY and I hate how the front plate looks. Plus, its extra money that everyone has to pay when the state decides to change plates.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #50
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini77 View Post
I'm down with it. Is this about getting rid of the front plate law? You didn't really make it clear. Legal to vote and I'll definitely put in effort to spread the word.

And the dude who said "f the police" please grow up...the only thing between you and criminals are the police, kid.
Good question, I'm right now in the discovery phase and trying to find people who can support the cause in their local states. Since I live in NJ... I can start leading for change here in NJ... but as I learn how to make these changes take hold we can cookie cutter that into other states. I'm not limited to just changing the one issue, but rather just push for less discriminatory/subjective/trivial to be a non-issue for LEO's.

Just take a look on this forum about how vague each officer is in "his/her" approach to enforcing law (This just screams discrimination):
http://forums.officer.com/f202/
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf View Post
I am not sure which posts you are referring to, but I hope mine were understood as productive and having little fun. I support the idea, but am also trying to be realistic and I am trying to put the issue in its proper context. It does not do anyone any good to just be a cheerleader when there are real difficulties to consider.
My quest is not about world peace or curing cancer, I just saw a thread here on e90post and just posted up a question to see if others also feel the same way that I do on these issues of interested to me.

I understand that not everyone will care. Not everyone will agree with my views. Not everyone will lift a finger. But my focus is on those who do seem like they would actively work with me and learn from my own efforts that I choose to take in the state of NJ, to make a change for myself and for the other citizens in this pothole infested state of NJ.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #52
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Ah, censorship, the storied tradition of a Fascist State! Thanks for the lesson in the Constitution.

You do see the irony here...
I'm not censoring you at all. In fact, feel free to do nothing and reap the benefits of people who care about this topic strongly enough to attempt to change things. But if you don't have anything productive to contribute here, vacate the premises. Discourse is normal and not what I have a problem with here, it's people being all "LOL UR LAME THIS IS NOT WORTH UR TIME Y BOTHUR?!>@" He cares about the issue, you may not. Hence, that attitude does not contribute to the intent of the thread, it crapfloods it and impedes any real discussion.

I'm not calling out people by name, but if you don't have a dog in this fight then why try to dump on the issue? The general attitude of trying to defecate on anyone standing up for principles he believes in is rotten. Poor OP was hoping for support in a serious issue that could potentially benefit a good portion of us enthusiasts and gets flak for it. Shitty.
      07-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #53
Snaggletooth
General Nuisance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamf View Post
Legitimate questions are awesome and foster greater understanding. I was referring to posts that are trying to berate OP's efforts.
      07-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #54
WickedB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Quote:
I'm not censoring you at all. In fact, feel free to do nothing and reap the benefits of people who care about this topic strongly enough to attempt to change things. But if you don't have anything productive to contribute here, vacate the premises. Discourse is normal and not what I have a problem with here, it's people being all "LOL UR LAME THIS IS NOT WORTH UR TIME Y BOTHUR?!>@" He cares about the issue, you may not. Hence, that attitude does not contribute to the intent of the thread, it crapfloods it and impedes any real discussion.

I'm not calling out people by name, but if you don't have a dog in this fight then why try to dump on the issue? The general attitude of trying to defecate on anyone standing up for principles he believes in is rotten. Poor OP was hoping for support in a serious issue that could potentially benefit a good portion of us enthusiasts and gets flak for it. Shitty.
Truth. And, why stick with the status quo if it doesn't make sense!? Besides, don't you get charged more since you have to buy 2 plates? The $$ factor affects EVERYONE; if it makes people feel better or makes it more important... donate that money to charity instead!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #55
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

Let me give you a story on how to affect change.

About 2 years ago, a local railroad line was abandoned. A railroad crossing was removed and the tracks permanently cut.

However, another RR crossing 1/2 mile down the road was still legally active. The issue here is that many school buses use the crossing, and each (by law) had to stop, open the door, and look both ways for a train that would never come. Traffic was snarled and safety was an issue because I saw a couple cases where a car almost rear-ended the school bus (all but the bus drivers seemed to know that the rail line was abandoned). Obviously, though, the bus drivers could not ignore a federal law.

I contacted PennDOT (Pennsylvania), who thanked me, but said that I needed to contact the public utility commission. I did, and they directed me to the local township and instructed me to contact Norfolk Southern. I did, and we were making progress until the guy from the PUC was laid off and we needed to start over.

18 months letter and numerous e-mails and phone calls, and I get the good news that the state has approved the township adding a $15 "EXEMPT" sign to the crossing. This will allow buses and others from having to stop and look both ways. It will clear up local traffic tie-ups and make the area safer.

It took me 1 1/2 years to get this done, and it was EASY compared to changing a law.

I encourage the OP in his quest. I agree with it. But please be prepared to work hard. Tenacity is key to success.

Now - go get 'em!
Appreciate 1
fazman681.00
      07-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #56
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
Let me give you a story on how to affect change.

About 2 years ago, a local railroad line was abandoned. A railroad crossing was removed and the tracks permanently cut.

However, another RR crossing 1/2 mile down the road was still legally active. The issue here is that many school buses use the crossing, and each (by law) had to stop, open the door, and look both ways for a train that would never come. Traffic was snarled and safety was an issue because I saw a couple cases where a car almost rear-ended the school bus (all but the bus drivers seemed to know that the rail line was abandoned). Obviously, though, the bus drivers could not ignore a federal law.

I contacted PennDOT (Pennsylvania), who thanked me, but said that I needed to contact the public utility commission. I did, and they directed me to the local township and instructed me to contact Norfolk Southern. I did, and we were making progress until the guy from the PUC was laid off and we needed to start over.

18 months letter and numerous e-mails and phone calls, and I get the good news that the state has approved the township adding a $15 "EXEMPT" sign to the crossing. This will allow buses and others from having to stop and look both ways. It will clear up local traffic tie-ups and make the area safer.

It took me 1 1/2 years to get this done, and it was EASY compared to changing a law.

I encourage the OP in his quest. I agree with it. But please be prepared to work hard. Tenacity is key to success.

Now - go get 'em!
First off... Congrats to you on your success! This is motivating for me and I agree it will take a long time and a lot of effort.
Appreciate 0