E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > need help for install stereo system by myself

12-20-2005, 02:46 AM   #1
romain
Good MAN....
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW-325i e90

need help for install stereo system by myself

hi guys,
I am planning to install amp and sub by myself but I have never done one before, so I need some infor here. Can you guys do me a fever? If you guys have any idea about it,please tell me ! Really need help here.
I have went to a couple of setero shops though. I get them done my In-dash DVD , but I got lots of trouble. 1, my PDC not working 2, the sound quanlity getting worse even I can 't bear it. 3, The stock subs doesn't work the installer said" I think it's the head unit got no enough power. " I spend 400 dollars for labour but I got a piece of junk. WTF
so I decied to do the subs and amps by myself. really don't trust any shop anymore!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2005, 06:33 AM   #2
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by romain
hi guys,

I have went to a couple of setero shops though. I get them done my In-dash DVD , but I got lots of trouble. 1, my PDC not working 2, the sound quanlity getting worse even I can 't bear it. 3, The stock subs doesn't work the installer said" I think it's the head unit got no enough power. " I spend 400 dollars for labour but I got a piece of junk. WTF
You´re car got butchered. And the statment form the installer shows he has ABSOLUTELY NOT IDEA OF ANYTHING. The subs are not even driven by the headunit but by an external amp.

Get them to revert everything back to stock, then take a deep breath and think again about an aftermarket stereo install in the E90. It´s a pita really. Incredibly complex and not for the unexperienced or faint at heart.

The E90 is really not the right place to do your first stereo install.

I could post about 9000 words on why and how it is so complicated, but I won´t because I allready have. Take your time and search the archives. Search through all of my posts if you have to, but read it all. Afterward you´ll know more about aftermarket stereo install in the E90 than the shop you went to will ever know and will probably just decide to stay with the stock setup.
      12-20-2005, 10:53 AM   #3
romain
Good MAN....
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW-325i e90

Thx Bro.
I hope I saw those words a bit early, cuz I ve got my subs and amps already but uninstalled. I will do more reaseach about it to see if it's doable. I will read the posts of you.
Thx again !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund
You´re car got butchered. And the statment form the installer shows he has ABSOLUTELY NOT IDEA OF ANYTHING. The subs are not even driven by the headunit but by an external amp.

Get them to revert everything back to stock, then take a deep breath and think again about an aftermarket stereo install in the E90. It´s a pita really. Incredibly complex and not for the unexperienced or faint at heart.

The E90 is really not the right place to do your first stereo install.

I could post about 9000 words on why and how it is so complicated, but I won´t because I allready have. Take your time and search the archives. Search through all of my posts if you have to, but read it all. Afterward you´ll know more about aftermarket stereo install in the E90 than the shop you went to will ever know and will probably just decide to stay with the stock setup.
Appreciate 0