E90Post

Lease SwApp

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > N55 rod knock/spun bearing tracking

07-31-2018, 08:29 AM   #89
bbnks2
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZANIDO777 View Post
I am slightly skeptical about plumbing in an accusump as I remember reading that it does not entirely address the issue and is only a band aid.

I know VAC makes a baffle for our oil pan but have never seen a dry sump for our cars which is what we really need. Albeit would be expensive but two blown engines would cost you roughly one dry sump assuming you blow two engines lol
I can't see how an oil pan baffle alone really helps all that much in race conditions. However, it does look like BMW gave the M2 a baffled oil pan:

BMW also gave the M2 a semi-dry sump system which pumps oil from the front of the oil pan (#2) back to the rear of the pan where the oil pickup is (#6):

If only it wasn't so expensive to retrofit the M2 oil system...

The accusump at least guarantees you never see <40psi oil pressure. You rarely see oil pressure loss at max load where you need the 80psi. You usually see it mid-corner or under heavy braking which are both scenarios where you will either be completely off the throttle or only partial throttle. Oil accumulators work. I spoke with Accusump engineer directly recently and he walked me through a ton of different uses.
135i: E30 map by TwistedTuning, VRSF DP, Kerscher +15mm fenders, Kosei K8R 255/40/17, M3 control arms, UUC trans mounts, DV+, Whiteline RSFB, 5" intercooler, Charge Pipe, PC925 (23lb), UUC SSK, YCW Coilovers 6k/16k, Monroe shock mounts, Diff lockdown, Catch Can, N20 TMAP, 335is clutch, SMFW, 034 engine mounts, M3 Steering rack

Last edited by bbnks2; 08-01-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8493.00