E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Finding previous warranty work

09-29-2018, 01:20 PM   #1
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

Finding previous warranty work

I’ve been trying to get information on all the warranty work carried out on my car since new, bmw uk said they didn’t have the info but any dealer can provide it. When I went to my local dealer they said due to these GDPA and data protection rules they can’t tell me! Even if I provide evidence I own the car!.

I’m just awaiting feedback from bmw uk how I can find this info out after telling them my local dealer won’t give any info, you’d think if it’s my car I could have whatever info they hold!

This must be a recent thing as only last year I got a full warranty and service history print out of my previous bmw.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

As you've encountered it's probably GDPR thing.
I rang my dealer when I got my car and got a list of everything that was done. They even sent me the invoices with all the personal data blanked out.

I doubt they will risk doing that now though.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #3
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Dealers were able to provide this with the address details blanked out but as has been said, due to Data Protection they cannot provide this now unfortunately

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2018, 06:10 AM   #4
Bmw330
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330d

Last time I never got any documents/invoices with previous owners details, it was a full print out with every recorded visit to the dealer and what was done, whether it be a service or warranty.

I can only assume this GDPR, also applies across dealers as they said they could only tell me what their dealership had done (although it had never been there), but they couldn’t tell me what other dealers had seen it.
Appreciate 0