E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > partial key fob failure e92 non ca.

06-08-2023, 02:49 AM   #1
Unservati
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 325ci

partial key fob failure e92 non ca.

Strange issue with 2006 e92 325 non comfort access,the key fob will only unlock the car and the trunk,it will not lock the car at all from the fob.i would have thought if the diversity antenna was failing it would affect the unlock function as well as the locking function.unless they work on different circuits or frequencys.the central locking button on the inside works fine as well. Also the keyfob battery works to unlock the car and trunk,Surely if the keyfob battery was flat no functions would work at all.any help or ideas or clues would be much appreciated. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 11:22 AM   #2
Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unservati View Post
Strange issue with 2006 e92 325 non comfort access,the key fob will only unlock the car and the trunk,it will not lock the car at all from the fob.i would have thought if the diversity antenna was failing it would affect the unlock function as well as the locking function.unless they work on different circuits or frequencys.the central locking button on the inside works fine as well. Also the keyfob battery works to unlock the car and trunk,Surely if the keyfob battery was flat no functions would work at all.any help or ideas or clues would be much appreciated. Cheers
I had a customer with the exact same issue yesterday. The cause of the issue was that the driver's door actuator was jammed. Try pressing the door lock rod that pops out of the door card and see if it locks or not. If it will not go down, then there is your problem.

Another thing you could do is try to lock the doors with the button on the dash. I got the same result as the key fob with the button on the dash. It will unlock but not lock.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2023, 08:03 PM   #3
Unservati
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 325ci

Thanks but the button inside locks and unlocks the doors fine which makes me think the actuators and mechanisms are fine .maybe the lock function is on another circuit or something....I'm starting to think it's the microswitch on the key fob
Appreciate 0