E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Google & MHD customers **updated see post #7**

01-19-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation
Rep
Drives: 2008 335ix

Google & MHD customers **updated see post #7**

So I have been try to purchase three MHD modules from goggle play store since the 17th

Here is a quick chain of events.

Purchased the Monitor Module on the 17th (love it by the way)

On the 18th I tried to purchase the Flasher module around 11am and received the "transaction can not be completed" error. I followed steps in the help section in the app and contacted Google.

They informed me they had blocked the transaction because of the large amount of the GAME?? and because of frequency of transaction attempts? I explained to them It was not a Games but a application to flash\program my vehicle. They then inform me I would have to wait 5hrs before trying to make another purchase.

I was very Pissed by this time (roughly 30 minutes on the phone) and said OK. I informed them at after the 5hrs I would be making two purchase one for $99 and another for $49 and they assured me that would not be a problem. At 6pm I again tried to purchase the Flasher Module and the transaction went through, I then went on the purchase the stage 1 maps and AGAIN!!!!! received "transaction can not be completed".

so I again contacted Google and this time spent a hour an a half on and off the phone with them called me back at 9:30pm just to tell me to wait 5 hours again and try to make the purchase and it should work.

Which brings me to today the 19th.

I tried to purchase the stage 1\+1 maps at 7am and got the dreaded " transaction can not be completed" error again! Contacted Google again was hung up on, called back asked for a supervisor, explained my saga to him and he stated he can see all the notes and its a google security policy to limit transactions to protect its customs.

I informed him I'm NOT a google customer and its not their job to monitor my spending, that's my Banks job. He told me he would have to look in this issue and he would call me back within 20 minutes, Well I received a call back so I proceeded to call and was told again!!!! to wait 5hrs for a reset.

I waited the 5hrs and at 2pm today tried again to no avail. So i contacted Google for the SEVENTH!!!!! time and was told i will receive a call back before or by 4:05pm today. They again informed me that this had nothing to do with my account it was something internal with security protocols.

I did contact MHD and they where very responsive and asked to be kept informed of the outcome.

I biggest kick in the balls is that i have multiple emails from google supervisors stating the issue has been fixed and to go ahead and make the purchase just to get the same result

I will let you know what the outcome of this is.

Last edited by Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation; 01-21-2018 at 01:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
VR-Tech119.00
      01-19-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

I had a similar issue. This was the only purchase I have made on the Google Play store, and because of that, along with the higher purchase price of the MHD transaction, Google's automated security kicks in. I talked with 3 different people before they figured it out. Apparently this isn't an issue for people who make google play store transactions often. Though if you don't, and you buy a 200$ in-app purchase, Google thinks someone is scamming you.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

For what it's worth, I've never had a single issue buying anything from Google.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 08:08 AM   #4
Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation
Rep

Well after three days Google could not figure out why my transactions wouldn't go through. I asked for a complete refund. That was a battle also, in the end they did refund me my money. So know I'm left to figuring out how to get MHD. This sucks!!!!!
      01-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #5
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1twisted1 View Post
Well after three days Google could not figure out why my transactions wouldn't go through. I asked for a complete refund. That was a battle also, in the end they did refund me my money. So know I'm left to figuring out how to get MHD. This sucks!!!!!
Make a fresh account and double check EVERYTHING information wise matches. I have my middle initial on my card, but my middle initial was not listed on my account name, so Google said they could not complete the transaction. While I feel like that is a crock of shit, at least it's one more thing you can try.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2018, 09:19 AM   #6
BOOSTLEE
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, Ducati 996

I have the same problem trying to purchase MHD. I used the same credit card to buy both, flasher and map, google would not allow it. What I did was used two different credit card, one to buy flasher and the other to buy map.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:35 PM   #7
Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation
Rep

So I finally was able to get the flasher & stage 1/1+ maps today. But was not easy!! I had to open another account and still have the trans action fail on the second purchase. called google and spent almost two hrs on the phone with them last night.

I was asked to try again tomorrow (today) which I did and the second only when through with a different payment method. The light at the end of the tunnel here is a managed to get a representative(Jordan) that was actually helpful and truly care about my issue.

He is what we found out! This will help all other having this issue. DO NOT try and purchase other module until your bank has approved and processed the first purchase. if you do the transaction will be denied by Google.

I made the purchase with my visa(bank card) and it went through but was still pending when I checked my account. All credit card transactions go through this process. Because of this the second transaction with be denied and your account shutdown (virtually) by google.

So easiest way to avoid the issues I've gone through is to put all purchase on a non-bank credit card(bank card) or make the first two transactions on different cards and then wait 24hr to make the third. Please note regardless of how you do this you will still probably have to call on the first purchase to have it cleared if you have never bought anything from the play store.

Two down one to go then AJ gets to mess with it

Hope this helps with people to avoid future issues.
      01-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #8
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep

AJ?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin39 View Post
AJ?
https://www.emp-tuning.com/

Check out the The Kraken 2007 BMW 335i with 920WHP & 865 FTLBS TQ or the Panda 2008 BMW 335i 890WHP & 763 FTLBS TQ

AJ is the owner and builds badass bimmers and knows how to get power out of them mild to wild.

Last edited by Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation; 01-21-2018 at 02:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 07:39 PM   #10
Kevin39
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah that's who I was afraid you were talking about.

Good luck. https://bmw.***********.com/threads/...-shadows.2671/

Spool street one word in place of the *

Last edited by Kevin39; 01-21-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #11
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

You can get whatever AJ's tune will be from N54 tech.com for free. Uses BEFs for everything it seems.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2018, 05:33 AM   #12
Detroit.Euro.Car.Nation
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin39 View Post
Yeah that's who I was afraid you were talking about.

Good luck. https://bmw.***********.com/threads/...-shadows.2671/

Spool street one word in place of the *
Thanks for the info Kevin, I have talked to, and know some people that have used his services and are completely happy with his work. But as usual knowledge is power, and I think I'll have to do some more digging on the subject.

I might just have take a look at some local Michigan\Ohio guys for my tuning needs or take it to the track and learning to do it myself as that's were I spend most of my time in the summer anyways with my dragcar. Might just have to switch it up this year.
      01-23-2018, 07:13 PM   #13
boneheaddoctor
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i

You are lucky, I went through the same thing several months ago, and it took 4 days and over 10 calls to resolve ( plus I forget how many emails) yeah, saying I was upset was an understatement. They (Google Play) had an over aggressive algorithm in their fraud detection software, and apparently still do.
1979 Mercedes 300SD Turbo Diesel
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 12:17 PM   #14
VR-Tech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 MG, 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1twisted1 View Post
So I have been try to purchase three MHD modules from goggle play store since the 17th

Here is a quick chain of events.

Purchased the Monitor Module on the 17th (love it by the way)

On the 18th I tried to purchase the Flasher module around 11am and received the "transaction can not be completed" error. I followed steps in the help section in the app and contacted Google.

They informed me they had blocked the transaction because of the large amount of the GAME?? and because of frequency of transaction attempts? I explained to them It was not a Games but a application to flash\program my vehicle. They then inform me I would have to wait 5hrs before trying to make another purchase.

I was very Pissed by this time (roughly 30 minutes on the phone) and said OK. I informed them at after the 5hrs I would be making two purchase one for $99 and another for $49 and they assured me that would not be a problem. At 6pm I again tried to purchase the Flasher Module and the transaction went through, I then went on the purchase the stage 1 maps and AGAIN!!!!! received "transaction can not be completed".

so I again contacted Google and this time spent a hour an a half on and off the phone with them called me back at 9:30pm just to tell me to wait 5 hours again and try to make the purchase and it should work.

Which brings me to today the 19th.

I tried to purchase the stage 1\+1 maps at 7am and got the dreaded " transaction can not be completed" error again! Contacted Google again was hung up on, called back asked for a supervisor, explained my saga to him and he stated he can see all the notes and its a google security policy to limit transactions to protect its customs.

I informed him I'm NOT a google customer and its not their job to monitor my spending, that's my Banks job. He told me he would have to look in this issue and he would call me back within 20 minutes, Well I received a call back so I proceeded to call and was told again!!!! to wait 5hrs for a reset.

I waited the 5hrs and at 2pm today tried again to no avail. So i contacted Google for the SEVENTH!!!!! time and was told i will receive a call back before or by 4:05pm today. They again informed me that this had nothing to do with my account it was something internal with security protocols.

I did contact MHD and they where very responsive and asked to be kept informed of the outcome.

I biggest kick in the balls is that i have multiple emails from google supervisors stating the issue has been fixed and to go ahead and make the purchase just to get the same result

I will let you know what the outcome of this is.
That same day I tried the same thing. I purchased the monitor and the flasher but then i got errors on the maps. So I went to Best Buy and purchased a google play card and then i purchased the remaining maps with it. Google is quite draconian.
Appreciate 0