E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > O2 sensor mixed up codes solved

10-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
SPEEDRACER/n54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335 xdrive

O2 sensor mixed up codes solved

Hey guys so I Figured out what was causing the rear o2 2c6a and 2c7e mix code and emission control the wires wer mixed up at the ecu I swapped around yellow wires at pin hole 19 and 20 and the white and gray wires at pinhole 25 and 26 from the wire harness on the left wire harness on the ecu I attached a copy of the ecu diagram if need more insight look up downpipe fix for e90/e92 on YouTube and it will give u an idea which wire harness to look for,did inspection today n pass with flying colors no more check engine light

Here's a link of a downpipe fix video on YouTube and a copy of the ecu diagram hope this helps those who are getting these codes:
Attached Images

09-25-2020, 06:54 PM   #2
thormessiah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I’m getting this exact same codes to lol... how hard are they to switch?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 12:08 AM   #3
drunkentrader
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe.

Thanks for posting! I ran my dp fix for a few months trying to pass smog.. and when I finally removed it I totally forgot all the mental notes I had made and crossed some wires. Then I installed a hpfp overdrive at the same time as having my mech correct the ecu wiring. overdrive unit toasted my weak injectors and now I have every O2 sensor code know to man popping up randomly and can’t say for sure if the ecu wiring was corrected or not. After new injectors I will need to reference this wiring diagram to verify the ecu wiring. Damn, just writing this makes me want to never mod a turbo car ever again lol.
Appreciate 0