E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weird locking problems, can't lock, general weirdness

04-18-2021, 06:45 AM   #1
CantStopWontStop
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 150hp 2007

Weird locking problems, can't lock, general weirdness

Heya guys. I have a BMW 320i 150hp model from 2007 and there has been some stuff around my locking system I just can't get my head around.

I bought this car with a driver side door that won't lock or unlock. Neither the key, remote or dash button would lock or unlock this door so when I went away I just locked it by pressing down the little knob and opened it from the passenger side by pulling the lever.

After about a week I tried to investigate. Replaced the fuses, Removed the doorpannel and figured it was the actuator itself that was bad.

After putting everything back together so I could order a new one my car suddenly decided that closing my driver side door should lock all the doors (except for the driver side ofcourse) but then after locking them completely disable the remote for at least 2 minutes.

The idiot I am made me lock the door manually close the Driverside door (which now locks all doors) and then remembering I forgot something in my car making me just stroll around my car for 2 minutes before opening it again, at least 5 times a day

Today I replaced the actuator. With blood sweat and tears that is.

Now my key is able to unlock all the doors. But locking them does nothing, I don't hear any of the actuators clicking and none of my doors lock. Pressing the button on my dash makes all of them click but I feel like it only tries unlocking the doors.

Same thing for the remote, unlocking buttons makes everything click even when the car is already unlocked. Does my car think it's locked already??

Also the physical key doesn't do shit still but I can live with that. I think I just didn't install the metal thingy on the spring correctly.

I should also note that I can still close my windows by holding down the lock button on the remote
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #2
CantStopWontStop
Rep

Upon further investigation,
I removedy battery for 30 minutes. Still the same problem

Thought I'd drive it a bit and found the wrong-doer.

I keep getting a door open warning on the lock I just replaced

But now I don't know where it reads this from or how to fix it
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 09:11 AM   #3
CantStopWontStop
Rep

My idiot fucking brain thought I could just at least try to fix the little physical key problem and now my whole cylinder is on the floor. Ian fucking done for today. Idek why I try this shit myself.
Appreciate 0