E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E93 Negative Camber tire ware

01-13-2016, 01:49 AM   #1
khaleel
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is Conv

Exclamation E93 Negative Camber tire ware

I bought My E93 335is in May.
the driver side front tire developed uneven ware over the past 7 months, more on the inside than the outside. No issues with the passenger side tire.

I got all 4 new tires replaced with Michelin pilot sport this weekend ant took it in for alignment at an indy shop here in bay area (Auto Innovations). They have good reviews Yelp.
The guy was told me that the alignment is not off enough to justify left tire wareout more than the right tire. He also told me that the camber is off on left tire slightly and cant not be adjusted . See the attached sheet.

Any inputs as to what may be wrong and how I can resolve it .
One more thing he did not reset my steering angle sensor does this matter ?
Is it okay for the caster to be off so much ?

Attached Images

Last edited by khaleel; 01-13-2016 at 02:09 AM.. Reason: cant see the pic
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2016, 12:46 PM   #2
avocet
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i 2011 X5d

How bad was the wear? Were your tires nearly worn anyways? If you do alot of highway driving and your roads are crowned that little bit of negative toe on your passenger side could possibly lead to a bit of inside tire wear on the left.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2016, 02:33 PM   #3
elh0102
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe

Tech was right, nothing in those numbers to indicate your tire wear problem. He's not totally correct on the front camber not being adjustable. You can remove the pin at the top of each strut and push the strut top in enough to gain about 0.5 degree more negative camber. I always do this, as you cannot get enough negative camber up there to cause a wear issue, and the slight increase in neg camber might improve handling just a bit, as it tends to reduce understeer.
Appreciate 0