E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Sudden speaker problem

02-07-2018, 06:09 PM   #1
Bimmerfetish
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 Sedan 2010

Sudden speaker problem

Ok so ive been using my Iphone via bluetooth and sometimes with the aux lead as it is better quality. Today i was driving home listening via the aux, and i dropped the phone down the side of the chair with the lead still in. I tried to get it and it made a noise (kind a like a amp being plugged into a guitar). Now i have only audio from the rear speakers (minimal, not very loud) and nothing from the front. I dont think my model has an external amp (2010 E90 Sedan ED) i think it is powered from the head unit. I have had a quick look at the fuses but there are multiple for the radio with none saying they are specifically for the front speakers. If anyone can shed some light on this i would appreciate it greatly as i drive long distances and use the Bluetooth for calls and listening to audio books. If there are any pictures required please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 01:02 AM   #2
ctuna
Major General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Have you tried playing from another source such as the
Radio or a CD. If those sources work its likely the Head Unit
or the speaker are blown . I would bet on the Head Unit.
If the other sources play OK then try a new Aux Cord.
One Fuse at the back of the Radio or Idrive and one in the Fuse Board but if they were blown you would have no sound at all.
Appreciate 0