E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eccentric shaft actual angle?

01-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #1
RichardGoller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Eccentric shaft actual angle?

When I scan my car with N52 engine with the car off in the valvetronic it says that the actual angle of the eccentric shaft is 58 degrees while specified angle is 0. Do I have to turn the car on for this reading? If the actual angle is different from what it should be is it the sensor or the motor? How will I know?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #2
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGoller View Post
When I scan my car with N52 engine with the car off in the valvetronic it says that the actual angle of the eccentric shaft is 58 degrees while specified angle is 0. Do I have to turn the car on for this reading? If the actual angle is different from what it should be is it the sensor or the motor? How will I know?
Send a screen capture.

With a running motor it's never much below 50 degrees. Poor engine needs to Breathe.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:37 PM   #3
RichardGoller
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardGoller View Post
Send a screen capture.

With a running motor it's never much below 50 degrees. Poor engine needs to Breathe.
This is with engine off
Attached Images

Appreciate 0