E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Question for Painting Calipers

11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is Crimson Red

Question for Painting Calipers

Greetings,

Quick question or two.

1. Is it okay to place a sticker/decal over the hole on the front caliper and clear coat - see pic and blue arrow?

2. Is it okay to paint/clear coat the three areas on the rear brake caliper? See three blue arrows in pic? Or should I mask it off?

Much thanks in advance. Oh, it's a 2013 Crimson Red 335is with the optional 19" tires and wheels.

Semper Fi
Attached Images

Last edited by Former USMC; 11-04-2014 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #2
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

I Painted the entire area, works perfectly fine, and looks so much better, just do a good job of masking off rotor and as much of contact areas as you can!
      11-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
I Painted the entire area, works perfectly fine, and looks so much better, just do a good job of masking off rotor and as much of contact areas as you can!
ESR,

Thanks for your response - will do.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

1. Placing a sticker over top of the hole in the rattle clip probably means that the sticker won't hold up over time. Even if you clear coat it from the back it will probably "flex" (for lack of a better term), get build up back there, and look like crap rather quickly. Just buy another rattle clip and see if you can get that hole sealed up properly first before putting the sticker over it (should be an interesting project).

2. In this picture you are asking if it is ok to paint your rear brake pad lol I don't see why not, but I guess that's up to you...considering you'd have to do that every time you swap pads. Not to mention, it would probably end up looking rather strange having a big glob of color back there without any other contrast.

JMHO

Semper fa fa fooey to you as well good sir!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #5
Former USMC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
1. Placing a sticker over top of the hole in the rattle clip probably means that the sticker won't hold up over time. Even if you clear coat it from the back it will probably "flex" (for lack of a better term), get build up back there, and look like crap rather quickly. Just buy another rattle clip and see if you can get that hole sealed up properly first before putting the sticker over it (should be an interesting project).

2. In this picture you are asking if it is ok to paint your rear brake pad lol I don't see why not, but I guess that's up to you...considering you'd have to do that every time you swap pads. Not to mention, it would probably end up looking rather strange having a big glob of color back there without any other contrast.

JMHO

Semper fa fa fooey to you as well good sir!
Great tip. Thanks. Thinking of using black paint, therefore the contrast might be moot. Appreciate your help.
Appreciate 0