E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > E92 LCI rear lights and bumper

08-15-2020, 05:07 AM   #1
jakeyh
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 330i

E92 LCI rear lights and bumper

Hello everyone hope you’re all well,

I’ve recently bought my first bimmer! An 07 E92 330i in space grey, I love the car but I fancy face lifting the back end a little so I’m on the look out for some LCI rear lights and rear bumper, If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate tha!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
noname1
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 335i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeyh View Post
Hello everyone hope you’re all well,

I’ve recently bought my first bimmer! An 07 E92 330i in space grey, I love the car but I fancy face lifting the back end a little so I’m on the look out for some LCI rear lights and rear bumper, If anyone can help me out I’d appreciate tha!
Interested to see how you get on with coding the lci rear lights, in the process of doing it my self and no luck so far..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 10:35 AM   #3
ro881e
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52 2007 M-Sport

If you want to go half way on the cheap, you can get red translucent vinyl stickers to make the pre LCI lights look almost identical to the later LCI ones. Cost me £5! Looks pretty decent to be fair.
Attached Images

Last edited by ro881e; 08-15-2020 at 02:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 04:26 PM   #4
aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ro881e View Post
If you want to go half way on the cheap, you can get red translucent vinyl stickers to make the pre LCI lights look almost identical to the later LCI ones. Cost me £5! Looks pretty decent to be fair.
This!

I thought about updating both my E92 and E82 but after looking at the cost, the trouble of coding and also telling insurance etc I've bought some red tint and will be doing this to both my cars. Hopefully it comes out good.

I think tinting the entire light in a very very light smoke tint can also make it look like the LCI as their red is darken than the pre lci.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 11:16 AM   #5
jakeyh
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronblack View Post
This!

I thought about updating both my E92 and E82 but after looking at the cost, the trouble of coding and also telling insurance etc I've bought some red tint and will be doing this to both my cars. Hopefully it comes out good.

I think tinting the entire light in a very very light smoke tint can also make it look like the LCI as their red is darken than the pre lci.
Cheers boys, it does look pretty spot on to be fair! Where did you get the tint from? I’ve had a quick look on eBay but can only see “kits” made for the E90) not e92
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 03:39 PM   #6
ro881e
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52 2007 M-Sport

Quote:
Cheers boys, it does look pretty spot on to be fair! Where did you get the tint from? I’ve had a quick look on eBay but can only see “kits” made for the E90) not e92
I got mine from this guy, need to buy 2 mind (he nicely reminded me!). But as you say, mines an E90. They might do ones for other models?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123840839004
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2020, 02:07 PM   #7
Sayek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 320i LCI

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tint the rear lights on the E92. They will look terrible and nothing like the LCI lights.

E90 owner may pull it off but E92 is LCI light is full LED and looks different with lights on.

Have a look at the post below for comparision.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1398195

It is a lot of money for a set of lights so I am not suggesting you payup i £400+ plus coding cost.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 02:54 AM   #8
aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayek View Post
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't tint the rear lights on the E92. They will look terrible and nothing like the LCI lights.

E90 owner may pull it off but E92 is LCI light is full LED and looks different with lights on.

Have a look at the post below for comparision.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1398195

It is a lot of money for a set of lights so I am not suggesting you payup i £400+ plus coding cost.
Of course it will never look like the LCI, that's for sure. But considering the cost of upgrading to LCI I still prefer tinting to get rid of the old look rather than leaving it standard.

Of course if money isn't a thing then by all means the OP should spend the money and get the fresh LCI look, nothing beats that.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 02:55 AM   #9
aaronblack
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This!

Cheers boys, it does look pretty spot on to be fair! Where did you get the tint from? I've had a quick look on eBay but can only see "kits" made for the E90) not e92
I couldn't find one for the E92 so I did one myself, came out ok first time but re did it a few times until I got it right. Don't have any pics yet but for the money can't go wrong. Specially since it's reversible, can't go wrong.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #10
x77md
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: golf tsi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This!

Cheers boys, it does look pretty spot on to be fair! Where did you get the tint from? I've had a quick look on eBay but can only see "kits" made for the E90) not e92
I couldn't find one for the E92 so I did one myself, came out ok first time but re did it a few times until I got it right. Don't have any pics yet but for the money can't go wrong. Specially since it's reversible, can't go wrong.
Interested to see how this looks - please post pics!
Appreciate 0