E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Unknown hose leaking oil?

09-08-2020, 01:10 AM   #1
tobeydw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Unknown hose leaking oil?

Hey guys, trying to trace down an oil leak.

Not entirely sure what this line is, but any help would be appreciated. Also, this may or may not be related, but all the PCV hoses and PCV itself was changed yesterday, so that might be apart of the leak, but pretty sure it's not leaking anymore.

I'm thinking it may also be my valve cover gasket, or oil pan gasket. Will be getting those done shortly.

Here's a video of the issue:

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 07:21 PM   #2
Ryan1963
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e92

The oil puddling may be at least partially due to leakage from the oil filter housing. The oil filter housing is located to the left of your alternator in the video. The best way I’ve learned to view a leaking Oil filter housing in this engine is to hold a hand held mirror directly behind the housing (behind being closer to your windshield) where you will then be able to see all the old built up oil residue due to it leaking for an extended period of time.
Appreciate 0