E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Traction control and no blowers

01-30-2021, 04:09 PM   #1
Aw1234
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d

Traction control and no blowers

Hi all,

I have a 2010 320d.

A few weeks ago the traction control light started flashing on the dash whilst going down the motorway at 60mph. Severely restricting my acceleration and making up hills rather slow!

A few days later the blowers stopped blowing out air. If the engine gets to temperature I can feel hot air but its not physically getting blown out on any speed or setting.

A few days later the red TPMS light came on. Didnt even realise it had tpms until then!

I've checked for fault codes using odb adapter and torque Pro. But 0 faults.

I booked into the garage who did a diagnostic and returned an A559 error which they said pointed to a faulty battery which was probably causing the issues.

Start stop has only worked once in the 5 months I've had the car and they said this was probably why.

Today I've had a replacement battery fitted and registered by halfords. The issues haven't gone away!

I found how to reset the TPMS which ive done today and it hasn't come back so far. But the traction control is constantly coming on during straight driving, corners and especially roundabouts!!

I found a post on Google about checking the blower motor and removed it - this turned freely which the post suggested it wouldn't if it was at fault.

Are these all likely related issues or do I have different issues here? Any easy fixes or checks I can do, as I'm £225 down with no fixes so far!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

has it had heater blower recall done ?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2021, 02:40 AM   #3
Aw1234
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
has it had heater blower recall done ?
I wasnt aware of one - but have just checked on the MOT history site and it says no outstanding recalls.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 02:02 AM   #4
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw1234 View Post
I wasnt aware of one - but have just checked on the MOT history site and it says no outstanding recalls.
that site is shit,i had recalls and was not showing on that site,,use this https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2021, 05:44 AM   #5
Aw1234
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
that site is shit,i had recalls and was not showing on that site,,use this https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html
Thanks - just checked its showing no open recalls or enhancements for my vehicle.

I ordered a (used) blower motor which arrived today. I've unplugged the cable and plugged straight into the replacement and theres still no movement on the motor.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 03:09 AM   #6
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw1234 View Post
Thanks - just checked its showing no open recalls or enhancements for my vehicle.

I ordered a (used) blower motor which arrived today. I've unplugged the cable and plugged straight into the replacement and theres still no movement on the motor.
even that site might have not updated with covid etc ,,ring bmw with ya vin,,just to make sure
Appreciate 0