E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Blade Motor Group - The Worst & Most Dishonest VW Dealer Ever

Closed Thread

09-05-2009, 06:22 AM   #45
webby318dEMS
Spider powered!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 318d Edition M Sport saloon

I'm just abou to take delivery of a Golf GTi but when it needs servicing I won't be taking it to BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models until Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.
      09-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #46
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigUK View Post
MB London, I do believe that you have the idea. You forgot to mention that you won't be using>>>

BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Personally I will not be buying any VW models until Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW or any of their franchised showrooms selling Subaru, Alfa, Isuzu, Honda and Audi.
They sound awful thieving scum at best ,DO NOT USE BLADE .have some fun guys phone them get some quotes and then say you have found loads of negative things on the web about there dealings and deposits and have decided to go else where
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 08:13 AM   #47
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixman View Post
..(have to say though, very surprised e90 let us get away with this... I'm sure they must have had some cease and desist letters by now, and if they have and ignored them, well done you guys!)
Mark & Jason are based in the States & I think they're quite happy to let Tony & I sort out this part of the forum as we see fit, Paul.

Perhaps the Blade Motor Group should think a little more of their customers than themselves, if only to avoid this type of 'bad press'.

Quote:
The dealer that has behaved so badly is BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.
Viv

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 09:54 AM   #48
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS, EQC, X5 40d, simrig

Garage List
Third on Google.... well done everyone !

Will see how Barclaycard get on next week, if that fails, I'll file a case with the Small Claims Court.

In all seriousness, I was going to buy a MK5 Golf GTi or R32... but this experience really put me off... so although still a VAG car, I've bought an Audi S3.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #49
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
As the folks car is due for replacement soon we thought about going to the local VW dealer, Blade Volkswagen, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000 to look at the offerings, but given the manner in which they have treated a customer and withheld funds that should have been refunded months ago, we have immediately crossed VW and this dealer off the potentials.

Similarly, their new Honda dealership, Blade Honda, Bristol Road Gloucester has been dismissed from the list, as has Parklands Audi, A40 Northern bypass, Gloucester and Blade SEAT, 209 Westgate St, Gloucester who are co-located with Blade Subaru and Blade Isuzu. In fact we even drove straight past Blade Alfa Romeo, Tewkesbury Road, Cheltenham without consideration due to the disgraceful manner with which members of the Blade group treat customers.

By contrast the local BMW dealers are as helpful, accomodating and as friendly as can be.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #50
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

well as I am back in the middle east again, its only fit that there is a new "dealer thread" aka Big Motoring World.

I have actually have some experience of BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000.

as my wife had a VW beetle she bought from there, car was fine, but the finance deal they gave her was truely awful, and cost her a lot of money over the 3 years, and I swore I would never go near them on any of their other franchises again

Hope it all works out for you Biscuits
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #51
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB London View Post
I spend a small fortune every year optimising my companies website, and to be perfectly honest it will make no difference (with regards to its Google ranking) how any times the OP paragraph is copied. What affects the ranking is how many time the thread is clicked on - period
huh? How does google know how many times its been clicked?!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #52
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
pics of s3 mate!
      09-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #53
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Still no word from Barclaycard...

BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
Oil Burner
Captain
Rep
Drives: E93 330d SE Auto

make sure you keep us updated, so we know how to approach any future thoughts we might have to using BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #55
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Paul, did you get your money back?
      10-06-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

I really hope you've now gotten your money back from BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

10-13-2009, 12:32 PM   #57
Teutonicdriver
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

I once had a Golf GTDI but because I live in North Yorkshire I never had cause to take it for a service at.........

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 01:33 PM   #58
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Paul, did you get your money back?
No not yet, Barclaycard have been hopeless!!! I'll not say anything but a tit in a trance would do better!

I have just instructed our company solicitors to serv them with an official claim letter, should hear back in a week/two, next step I'd for a small claims court instruction by them, but an official letter has to be done first. Solicitor sees no reason for the non payment as it was cancelled within 7 days, regardless if it was unconditional or not.

I really hope you've now gotten your money back from BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #59
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
No not yet, Barclaycard have been hopeless!!! I'll not say anything but a tit in a trance would do better!

I have just instructed our company solicitors to serv them with an official claim letter, should hear back in a week/two, next step I'd for a small claims court instruction by them, but an official letter has to be done first. Solicitor sees no reason for the non payment as it was cancelled within 7 days, regardless if it was unconditional or not.

Thats sh!te news matey - BLADE motor group in Gloucester are wrong, wrong, wrong
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2009, 12:40 AM   #60
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Id be tempted

To call into BLADE MOTOR GROUP and cause a fuss ,I am sure it would get the attention you require and save a whole load of time cants imho
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #61
prt71
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f30

BLADE MOTOR GROUP sound dreadful, however if anyone wants a good VW dealer then try Listers in Nuneaton, I hate dealers with a passion but they have always been good, used them on and off for about 6 years. I went to my local garage in Leicester recently with a warranty issue (split Recaros stitching) and was pathetically fobbed off, Listers sorted out replacement covers etc in no time politely and efficiently.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #62
DaveC
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330 Touring

Sorry I am confused!!!

What have these people

Quote:
BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters
Done exactly?

Have these people:

Quote:
BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester, Blade Volkswagen. Their reluctance to refund a holding deposit is outrageous and totally against their own terms and conditions. For three months I have tried to get the deposit back but they have not returned calls or emails. Blade Motor Group, Blade Volkswagen, Blade VW based out of Blade, Priory Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL1 2RQ, Tel: 01452 412000. Their group principle Mike Flanagan, Sales Manager Jonathan Cox and Salesman Dean Lucas are all avoiding speaking with me and my only contact is now with the principles PA Margaret Walters
Hung on to a deposit they are probably not legally entitled to and gone all "unavailable"? How surprising.

I think I'd think twice about purchasing a car from BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester if that were true.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 08:58 AM   #63
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Sorry I am confused!!!

What have these people

Done exactly?

Have these people:

Hung on to a deposit they are probably not legally entitled to and gone all "unavailable"? How surprising.

I think I'd think twice about purchasing a car from BLADE MOTOR GROUP, their VW showroom in Gloucester if that were true.
CANTS! ,Where are we now with this issue have you had a refund ??
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #64
calypso986?
Rep
Drives: Land Rover

Blade Motor Group - Happy Customer

I've been dealing with Blade Motor Group for over seven years now during which time I and my family have purchased over a dozen cars both VW's and Audi's and in all that time have always had exceptional service from both Sales and Service Teams.

My cars have always been on time and prepared to the highest standard, I have never had anything wrong on handover and nothing missed off or not completed at Service, warranty work has always been undertaken without me having to know or enquire about it. All in all, unlike, most of the comments here, I have to say there a pleasure to deal with. But then I make my own mind up instead of being a sheep.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #65
biscuits
Dimmer than a dim thing
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso986? View Post
I've been dealing with Blade Motor Group for over seven years now during which time I and my family have purchased over a dozen cars both VW's and Audi's and in all that time have always had exceptional service from both Sales and Service Teams.

My cars have always been on time and prepared to the highest standard, I have never had anything wrong on handover and nothing missed off or not completed at Service, warranty work has always been undertaken without me having to know or enquire about it. All in all, unlike, most of the comments here, I have to say there a pleasure to deal with. But then I make my own mind up instead of being a sheep.
Posting such a response on a public forum is rather suspect... do you work for Blade Motor Group by any chance ? ? ?

Baaaaah !
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #66
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso986? View Post

Yes but you drive a Land Rover so you opinion is worthless.:cool !:
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread