E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Gym Talk! daily talks gym related

09-21-2020, 10:46 AM   #2553
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
This was basically me before my vacation, feel pretty good now. Ever think to change your schedule up? Not sure if you're a morning person, but going to the gym in the morning has made me feel like my days are longer, with more time to relax after work.

Typical day:
Up 4:40am
Gym 5:10-6:45am
Work 7-5pm
Home by 5:30 - Usually will take care of any chores right when I get home
Usually relaxing by 7-7:30
Bed by 10-10:30 (I try to get at least 6 hrs, I can function on less, but this keeps me at my peak)

When I went to the gym after work it felt like I had no time to relax afterwards and I would feel rushed/lack of motivation in the gym. Regardless I like to be at work from 7-5pm so I wouldn't get home until near 7pm which would feel brutal. Some days I work much later then 5pm as well, and I hate missing the gym.

Just my 2cents though!
I have considered this, but my schedule revolves more around the girlfriends schedule than my own because she has kids. I'm also at work at 6 am. In order for me to gym first thing in the morning, I'd have to get up at 3. It would free up some time in the evening by doing this, but considering the girlfriends kids don't get in bed til around 8:30 pm, that would still leave me getting home around 10:30 - 11:00 pm and getting up at 3.....yeah, I can't do it. Free time in the evening versus sex every night.......I'll go with the sex.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 12:12 PM   #2554
JP10
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I have considered this, but my schedule revolves more around the girlfriends schedule than my own because she has kids. I'm also at work at 6 am. In order for me to gym first thing in the morning, I'd have to get up at 3. It would free up some time in the evening by doing this, but considering the girlfriends kids don't get in bed til around 8:30 pm, that would still leave me getting home around 10:30 - 11:00 pm and getting up at 3.....yeah, I can't do it. Free time in the evening versus sex every night.......I'll go with the sex.
Yeah starting a 6am would put a wrench in that for me, unless you're like Rmtt and only need 1 hour of sleep to be functional haha.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8473.00

09-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #2555
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Yeah starting a 6am would put a wrench in that for me, unless you're like Rmtt and only need 1 hour of sleep to be functional haha.
Nah, F that!!! Anything less than 6-7 for me and I'm catatonic all day......which explains my mental disposition; it's usually 4 a day. The sex is sooooo worth it though.
Appreciate 1
JP10896.00

09-21-2020, 08:41 PM   #2556
NorCalAthlete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Damn Iím late to this thread. Copy/pasting these from another forum - gotta keep myself accountable here.

Starting from last week:

========================
Shot up to 191 lbs earlier in lockdown. Lots of body weight stuff (pushups, pull-ups, squats / lunges, etc) shaved back down to 183 (no cardio / running though just paddleboarding and golfing).

First day back in the gym yesterday, did legs.

6 sets of squats
5x10 sets of deadlift
5X10 sets of lunges
5x10+20 supersets of half-squats + calf raises
5x10 sets of leg extensions
5x10 sets of leg curls
5x10 sets of hip thrusts
5x20 sets of leg press

Feels great to be sore again.

========================

Back day

6x10 High row
5x10 Reverse fly
5x10 lat Pulldown
3x12 low row
4x10 seated cable row

========================

Chest day

6x10 flat bench
5x10 incline bench
5x10 decline bench
5x10 flys
5x10 tricep extensions

========================

Shoulders day

5x10 iso press
5x10/10/20 super set: upright rows, overhead press, shrugs (same barbell)
5x10 barbell shrugs (from deadlift)
5x10 tricep split pulldown (rope w/ pull apart at the end of rep for the split)
5x10 delt raises
5x10 overhead press

========================

Just finished shoulder day. Unfortunately all the cardio machines at my gym are closed off and I donít have a treadmill at home and between smoke and protests and whatnot I havenít been running outside or anything for cardio.

I do mix in dumbbells at home for arms + Hanging leg lifts off my pull-up bar for a bit of abs.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #2557
JP10
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
Damn I’m late to this thread. Copy/pasting these from another forum - gotta keep myself accountable here.

Starting from last week:

========================
Shot up to 191 lbs earlier in lockdown. Lots of body weight stuff (pushups, pull-ups, squats / lunges, etc) shaved back down to 183 (no cardio / running though just paddleboarding and golfing).

First day back in the gym yesterday, did legs.

Just finished shoulder day. Unfortunately all the cardio machines at my gym are closed off and I don’t have a treadmill at home and between smoke and protests and whatnot I haven’t been running outside or anything for cardio.

I do mix in dumbbells at home for arms + Hanging leg lifts off my pull-up bar for a bit of abs.
What is your height if you don't mind me asking?

A lot of high sets/reps in your workout, guessing your goal is just overall toning/conditioning rather then building muscle? I'd split chest and shoulder day with back day. Chest/shoulders utilize a lot of the same muscles as you're aware. Splitting with back could decrease muscle soreness, just an idea though. Didn't see any bicep workouts throughout, assuming you just hit them through auxiliary movements on backday, or skip all together?

Buy a jump rope for some in-place cardio!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:30 AM   #2558
NorCalAthlete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
What is your height if you don't mind me asking?

A lot of high sets/reps in your workout, guessing your goal is just overall toning/conditioning rather then building muscle? I'd split chest and shoulder day with back day. Chest/shoulders utilize a lot of the same muscles as you're aware. Splitting with back could decrease muscle soreness, just an idea though. Didn't see any bicep workouts throughout, assuming you just hit them through auxiliary movements on backday, or skip all together?

Buy a jump rope for some in-place cardio!
Iím 5í11.5Ē heh. About 184 lbs. A lot of the reason for high sets and reps at the moment is just getting back into the swing of things - havenít lifted in about 8 months now beyond dumbbells, TRX, pull-ups, etc at home.

Biceps are generally done as a finisher after back day with dumbbells at home - nothing too big, a few sets of seated reclined curls, preacher curls, hammer curls. Generally your biceps ARE getting worked while doing back exercises, though not the primary muscle working. Same with triceps during shoulder or chest workouts.

When Iíve had breaks like this in the past, Iíll do high reps for a couple months till I can get over being sore within a day rather than 2-3. Then I switch to pyramid sets, drop sets, low rep higher weight muscle building. After a month or two of that I start cycling - 7 day a week workouts but in a rotation like chest, back, shoulders 2x a week with legs once a week, while adding in 2 running days as well (so my legs actually get 3 days a week) plus my usual hiking / paddleboarding / golf / dirtbiking / whatever activity on weekends.

BF % is currently hovering around 16%, Iíd be happy getting back down to 10-12% but coming up on 40 years old Iíve kinda accepted that the constant 6 pack days matter less to me than great food and wine and such, so...
Appreciate 1
JP10896.00

Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #2559
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Been adding feeder workouts to my arms each day and they are definitely helping with strength and size!
6'2 198 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:13 PM   #2560
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Rich piana style? How many reps?