E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Don't file a police complaint!

03-01-2012, 01:54 PM   #45
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
The people who hate the police generally have committed a crime and was caught for it. Instead of manning up and accepting their consequence, people blame insignificant causes (because I'm black, because I'm driving a nice car, etc) for the reason why they were pulled over. Simple solution: don't commit a crime and you won't get pulled over.
I believe I fit into both categories (M3 being a nice car can be debatable). I have never committed a crime and have been pulled over several times for several bullshit reasons that result in a "Ok, take it easy" response after showing Lic and Reg.

Therefore, for you to make a blanket statement about 'manning up' and 'blaming insignificant causes' is ridiculous. I for one strongly believe in racial profiling and have accepted it as a part of my life. I don't hate all police, even after numerous discrimantory experiences. Your simple solution is not that simple. I have to assume you have no African American descent and will excuse any ignorance on your end because of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #46
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Nice videos Kroy.

I completely disagree with
Quote:
People who see this and form a negative opinion about the police are the weak minded fools who will probably believe anything on first blush.
I have respect for the law and police officers, but there are assholes and scumbags that do stupid and disrespectful things to people.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 04:15 PM   #47
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
OK. I just watched it. I have to say that this entire video is bullshit. It's edited to display only what the recorder wants to show. It does not show each action in its entirety, nor does it show the likely numerous situations where there was nothing interesting going on.

Police complaints are serious business, and I would find anyone who is as uncooperative as the guys in this film suspicious. What appears to have happened in many of these videos is a good faith effort of the police officers to take the complaint and the guy in the video is being deliberately vague and clearly uncooperative.
They seemed upset with him the second he asked for a form...
Police complaints WOULD be serious business if you can actually get to one.

The cop was intimidating him with the "your license! now!" bullshit. Just because he is wearing a badge doesn't give him the right to be a complete dick and lack manners.. show some self respect.

Quote:
You have to understand that cops have incredibly well tuned bullshit detectors
Ok there buddy. Do the donuts fuel it?

Quote:
These two geniuses come in to a station and every occurrence shows an officer trying to take a legitimate complaint being thwarted by dude one or two refusing to give information. A thorough internal investigation requires significant effort on the part of the department(yes, I've done them) and there are questions that must be answered in order to do it properly. The videos then switch to the point where the cops have tried and are now just repeating themselves and getting nowhere with the complainant.
You have to understand that someone that is going to a precinct to file a complaint against a dick cop isn't going to be in the best of moods to deal with someone who can possibly be in bed with the cop he is filing a complaint against.. As you can see, he is right to be as someone of these assholes started cornering him OUTSIDE and arrested him! Give him the form, I'm sure he'll gladly put his name on the form and slip it into a box where the chief can access it.

Quote:
i will agree that there are some stupid comments being made by the officers in some of the clips, but who knows how much of each clip has been edited out. At some point, a deliberately obtuse individual can bring out the worst in anyone, especially if your sole intent is to make police look bad.
and the cop that said "get out of my city"
or how about "Take one more step, and see what happens"
these cops are obviously in need of getting fired... so how can we submit a complaint against them?

as for profiling

I've literally gotten a cop telling me "all you Porsche drivers are the same, your cars deserve to be crushed".
I got pulled over, fine, the lady who pulled me over was courteous and I was compliant and didn't even bother defending myself.. I got caught, sucks.
But then to have 6 squad cars show up to box me in AFTER the ticket was written just to knock on me like that and try to pick on me
The officer who pulled me over was a nice lady who gave me respect and I returned it. fair game, I was speeding, she pulled me over.
      03-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #48
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

It's a boys club just like the fire department, sheriffs department, dock workers. I've never been arrested, my record is clean, but in general I don't trust cops.

In Irvine, where one of my offices is, the PD is actually under internal investigation by the FBI for racial profiling.
Appreciate 0