E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > BMW Munich Plant Visit

03-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
TheBenzor
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

BMW Munich Plant Visit

I am going to the BMW Munich Plant next month on my first-ever trip to Europe. I've dreamt of going to the plant for so long, I can't believe it's finally happening! Anyway, I'm planning to hit the museum and "lifestyle" shop, get a plant tour, and then rent an E92 M3 for a day.

I own a stock E92 328i, so I'm pretty excited to see what the M version of it can do. I know it's kind of a crappy time of year for driving weather in the area, but I can't really change the time of the trip

Anyhow, does anyone have any tips or suggestions for things that shouldn't be missed at the plant? I searched the forum and was able to find this thread, but not much else. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...munich+factory

I've also got a book on driving in Germany and have been looking up fun drives online. If any of you have favorite roads you'd like to share, that would be great too.

Any pointers or tips would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

The info here is somewhat scattered. There are other forums with specific sections for European delivery, but we are not allowed to link to other forums. If you google "BMW european delivery forum" I bet you'll find a festival of options.
      03-01-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Haha, I like your hint DieselDiner. Concerning the factory tour, you'll be with a tour group and guide, so you shouldn't miss anything unless they have a section closed off to hide a prototype or something. In addition to the museum, check out the various displays at BMW Welt as well. Between the tour, museum, and Welt, you can easily spend a good part of your day there.
      03-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #4
TheBenzor
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep

Great tips, thank you both!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
Jackson
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe

I visited the BMW complex this past January. Please note that you have to reserve a space on one of the plant tours in advance and that this can only be done by telephone (not via the web). However, you will find the phone number on the BMW website. While you will be calling Germany, they speak English.

Also, please note well that the BMW Museum is closed Mondays.

Enjoy
      03-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
FDM68
Captain
Wake Island
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i

Actually you'll be here for the beginning of "driving season". Plus it's been a mild winter, I think it was about 50 yesterday. Munchen itself is a nice city with allot to do and see plus it connects to a few non restricted autobahns for some true spirited driving. Do call the plant as Jackson advised. You may also want to set up your rental prior also. If your planning on spending any time your centrally located there to travel to allot of nice places.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #7
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Yea, I was about to say, it's been 50s here and next month should be perfect driving weather. Winter tires can come off legally, and you'll be seeing a lot of very nice cars out on the road if the rain holds out. Bayern is a great area in Germany, with plenty to see! PM me if you have any questions... I have lived in Germany since 2003
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
TheBenzor
BMW Addict
United_States
Rep

Awesome, glad to hear that the weather is mild this winter. I'm hoping for some dry pavement!

Thanks for the tip about the Museum being closed on Mondays, I didn't catch that on the web page. Luckily we're planning on being there on a Friday.

And yes, I have reserved the tour times already. Google Voice $0.02/min to Germany FTW.

Thanks again guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
Yea, I was about to say, it's been 50s here and next month should be perfect driving weather. Winter tires can come off legally, and you'll be seeing a lot of very nice cars out on the road if the rain holds out. Bayern is a great area in Germany, with plenty to see! PM me if you have any questions... I have lived in Germany since 2003

Why did uncle Sam send you to Germany?
Appreciate 0