E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > How do you update the ECU/Module software??

04-14-2017, 05:22 AM   #111
Katkarot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010MDX 2012135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrickland View Post
You can update the DME by itself, chances are your EKP won't even have an update available.

Open winkfp- comfort mode- update ZUSB- select ecu family-enter vin- done- ZB update- wait for "programming ok"

Close winkfp- open NCS expert- select profile- expert mode-click f1-click f3- choose your chassis- select cas- hit back- select ecu you just updated- select job "sg_codieren"-execute job

Done.
Does updating the DME require reset to default VO?
Or only other modules such as Transmission require reset to default ?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 05:08 AM   #112
Katkarot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010MDX 2012135i

Sorry for the newbie questions.

so if I Update the DME with the following instructions from dstrickland below, I need to code the module to default VO? If no new hardware was added, would I need still to code to default VO?

Now, the same question if I update the EGS (DCT), do I have to code to default VO for the EGS module as no new hardware was added?

If I have to code the default VO, can you provide me the link or info on how to code default VO?

Are there ZB numbers for each module in the new daten files? If so, how can I find the new ZB number to enter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrickland View Post
You can update the DME by itself, chances are your EKP won't even have an update available.

Open winkfp- comfort mode- update ZUSB- select ecu family-enter vin- done- ZB update- wait for "programming ok"

Close winkfp- open NCS expert- select profile- expert mode-click f1-click f3- choose your chassis- select cas- hit back- select ecu you just updated- select job "sg_codieren"-execute job

Done.
Appreciate 0