E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > DIY Valvetronic Designs Exhaust PE Mod + Exhaust Meister Switch

05-05-2021, 03:08 AM   #1
mattgc13
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4 Competition

DIY Valvetronic Designs Exhaust PE Mod + Exhaust Meister Switch

I thought I'd make this post because I have only seen one mention of something like this on forums, youtube etc. The Valvetronic Designs exhaust is ridiculously expensive for what it is, and the actual founder of the company did this himself before making the Valvetronic exhaust itself.

This is a link to the Valvetronic Designs exhaust

https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...muffler-bypass

This is the video I found explaining what he did

After digging through the comments, I found this an Exhaust Meister switch, which wirelessly controls the OEM exhaust flap

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ExhaustMeis...-/233469796411

After further research, I discovered the guy with the 335i in that video is the founder of Valvetronic Designs. Can't knock the hustle, but for $700, the same thing can basically be done for much, much cheaper, and he pretty much explained how lol.

If you combine the Exhaust Meister switch with the popular PE exhaust mod, you effectively have a valved exhaust that you can open and close whenever you would like to piss people off.

So Exhaust Meister switch + PE exhaust mod = minimized drone Valvetronic $700 exhaust

I plan on doing this soon to my 2011 335i N55, same as Austin in the video. I thought I would share because I know that a lot of people with a E9x 335i in 2021 would love a cheap exhaust alternative like this. It can even use the OEM garage door opener to activate the flap
Appreciate 1
E92only82.00