E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Audio on 335i

01-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #23
Outta1
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i W/ X-Drive

I have a 2009 335i with X-Drive and an iPhone 5. Has anyone been able to get Bluetooth audio working on a car like mine?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #24
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Read this thread outta1

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786426

Dension gateway 500s or mobridge have a2dp
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #25
archienc44
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 x drive Sedan

2011 335 Xdrive Phone Integration 2011

It is so weird that BMW isn't' prepared for the "state-of-the-art" cell phones on the market. New adapters should be built as the new cell phones come out. I have an Iphone 5 which has the new plug-in. No way it will work. I can still plug the charger into the power source and pair the phone.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 02:25 PM   #26
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by archienc44 View Post
It is so weird that BMW isn't' prepared for the "state-of-the-art" cell phones on the market. New adapters should be built as the new cell phones come out. I have an Iphone 5 which has the new plug-in. No way it will work. I can still plug the charger into the power source and pair the phone.
It is not the iPhone, it may be your car.

If there is no Combox and Navigation in your car then Bluetooth Audio and the full iPhone intergration will not work.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #27
anibal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 328xi

I don't have the navigation on my 2013 328xi. But I can't believe that paying for an expensive car like this doesn't come with A2DP. I just rented a mazda 3 and it has streaming music over BT. Are you saying that the base model of a 328i does not provide A2DP over BT? I just can't fathom how BMW is getting away with this.
      12-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #28
RockinRyan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M3- Dinan S2-ish

For what this may be worth -

I've found a few helpful tricks/observations in getting my bluetooth audio to stream over my speakers - specifically Audible Audio Books and MP3s on my LG G2 Android device:

1) start the playback on my phone before I even get in the car. It isn't necessary, but it seems as though the car's BT initialization is looking for an active stream on its way up, and it often just works (assuming it was turned off while using the same input source.) Oddly enough it has also been able to just start my audio book for me under some situations, no rolling start needed.

2) Even though my audio system is "on" and already was last pointing at my BT audio, I often find that I have to toggle to radio and then back to the BT source. I do this using one of the physical buttons on my console - I believe it's the Mode button, just right of the FM/AM button. This is the first thing I now try when I get in the car and my BT audio isn't coming through my speakers.

3) There are two inputs that can enable BT playback. One is under the external devices (I think that's the caption) and another is specifically under BlueTooth (Audio). When I first was trying to get it to work, I sometimes found relief hopping from one option to the other, eventhough it's the same device and is already paired under each menu option. I hadn't needed to do this since I started toggling the MODE button mentioned above.

4) My MP3 player seemed to "push harder" than the audio books, and when I first was struggling with it, I would just play an MP3 over BT and then start my audio book leveraging the already established stream. I haven't needed to do this in a long while as well, but it did yield results early on when I'd no experience with the system.

My car was produced on 10/22/2010, if that's a helpful point of reference.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 05:45 PM   #29
patitum
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 325is convertible

2011 335is convertible bluetooth

Hi everyone.
I am new to this forum as I just purchased a 2011 335is convertible.
Ultimate Driving Machine FOR SURE!!!

I have an iPhone 11 which is not compatible to the bluetooth system in the vehicle.
I tried calling my local BMW dealer and asked if there was an upgrade for the system and the answer was NO.

I am asking if there is any solution to this problem as I would prefer to link my phone to be able to access my music and use my phone hands free through the car speakers.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks !!!

Mauri
Appreciate 0