E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Eonon GA6165F review

04-12-2017, 03:37 PM   #23
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

trbizwiz, if you want to get the bezel to fit flush, you need to trim some of the foam off the bracket, have a look at the Dynavin thread, it's mentioned there on page 1 or 2.

With regards to your sat nav issues, have you tested sygic or HereGo. those are both great and they work offline.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 12:42 AM   #24
kylet101
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE-83 View Post
trbizwiz, if you want to get the bezel to fit flush, you need to trim some of the foam off the bracket, have a look at the Dynavin thread, it's mentioned there on page 1 or 2.

With regards to your sat nav issues, have you tested sygic or HereGo. those are both great and they work offline.
Check out the photos in the thread, especially this one. It's not that the a/c controls don't sit flush, the whole bezel sticks out at the bottom. Dynavin looks a lot more like stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2017, 07:41 AM   #25
trbizwiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEE-83 View Post
if you still considering getting one of these units, you should look at the Xtrons PB7690BAP or the joying unit.

You will get better support and more frequent updates on the ROM's from either of those seller's.

In addition the newer units have Octa-Core 64bit chip's with 32GB memory + 2G RAM, running Android 6.0.

From there connect an external DAC via USB and the sound quality will be on par with the Dynavin unit if not better.

You can take it a step futher and replace the TDA amp with Pioneer PA2030A (4x60W) much better sound & bass or TDA7850 which gives you (4x50W 4ohm or 4x85W 2Ohm):
I went ahead and ordered the Xtrons. I have initiated the return for the Eonon, based on some incompatibility issues with my car. The Xtrons is now installed. My first impressions are that the octacore processor is very fast. The unit is playing music nearly instantly when I start my car. There is no BMW logo on start up, so I need to look in to that. But the start up is so fast its not really an issue either.
I did not notice I had lost my mirror direction signal with Eonon, until it returned with the Xtrons. Not sure if this was a special issue only I had. But the upgrade resolved it. I am getting no errors, and the radio signal is much stronger. Bluetooth music sounds much more clear, Eonon had a little background hiss.
Xtrons requires a dedicated 12 volt power supply. There is enough cable provided if you want to use a fuse tap and plug it in to the fuse box behind the glove box. But I elected to tap it in to my 12 volt 15 amp supply for the rear view cameras. There is not enough included 16 gauge wire to run to the trunk of an E93. I bought some 16 gauge from Lowes for $5. Now I have more than enough.
the only feature I do not have powered up yet is my rear view cam. I still have to splice in to the tail light harness. I have identified the correct wire now, so it is just a matter of cutting splicing, and soldering. The power and relay and all the rest of the back up cam is all set up.
Appreciate 1
J.J.K.8.00
      04-18-2017, 11:32 AM   #26
DEE-83
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E93

Hi trbizwiz,

Glad to hear you happy with the xtrons, with regards to the logo, if you go into the menu and look for extra options i think, you can set the logo there.

I believe the password is 126 to access the hidden menu, going forward i would advice getting a USB DAC to further improve the sound quality.

I would also look at downloading an app could Neutron Music Player, have a look at the website for further details.

http://neutronmp.com/

If you want to take it a step further with modding etc, have a look on the xda website,

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android-auto
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 08:33 AM   #27
J.J.K.
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbizwiz View Post
I went ahead and ordered the Xtrons. I have initiated the return for the Eonon, based on some incompatibility issues with my car. The Xtrons is now installed. My first impressions are that the octacore processor is very fast. The unit is playing music nearly instantly when I start my car. There is no BMW logo on start up, so I need to look in to that. But the start up is so fast its not really an issue either.
I did not notice I had lost my mirror direction signal with Eonon, until it returned with the Xtrons. Not sure if this was a special issue only I had. But the upgrade resolved it. I am getting no errors, and the radio signal is much stronger. Bluetooth music sounds much more clear, Eonon had a little background hiss.
Xtrons requires a dedicated 12 volt power supply. There is enough cable provided if you want to use a fuse tap and plug it in to the fuse box behind the glove box. But I elected to tap it in to my 12 volt 15 amp supply for the rear view cameras. There is not enough included 16 gauge wire to run to the trunk of an E93. I bought some 16 gauge from Lowes for $5. Now I have more than enough.
the only feature I do not have powered up yet is my rear view cam. I still have to splice in to the tail light harness. I have identified the correct wire now, so it is just a matter of cutting splicing, and soldering. The power and relay and all the rest of the back up cam is all set up.

Did the Xtrons come with the pnp harnesses to maintain steering wheel controls? Did you need to order anything else or was the kit all you needed to install it?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #28
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.K. View Post
Quote:

Did the Xtrons come with the pnp harnesses to maintain steering wheel controls? Did you need to order anything else or was the kit all you needed to install it?
The Xtrons came with the canbus block. My steering wheel controls work perfectly.
Also I guess my mirror had lost its directional thingy with Eonon, but that is back with Xtrons.
The Xtrons also starts up amazingly quick, that is likely for two reasons. It has a faster processor, and it has constant power supply
The only thing it is missing is a microphone. It comes with a short mic cable but no mic. You'll need to order that additionally.
Also, it comes with a 16 gauge yellow constant power cable. It is approx 8 feet long. This is plenty if you are going to fuse tap it into your glove box fuse box. But it will only reach the front of the back seat in an E93, if you are wiring to the battery. I bought some 16 gauge yellow wire from Lowes for about $5. It was 25 feet. So more than enough.
I am having issues getting my backup camera to work. But I suspect that is a Camera issue. Or possibly wiring. I did use constant power for the camera, with a relay triggered off the reverse light in the passenger side.
Appreciate 1
J.J.K.8.00
      04-19-2017, 08:46 AM   #29
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

Here is a pic of the Xtrons. It looks just like the Eonon. I don't seem to have the center bulge in the climate control bezel though. I did trim the foam as suggested earlier.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #30
J.J.K.
Rep

Quote:
The Xtrons came with the canbus block. My steering wheel controls work perfectly.
Also I guess my mirror had lost its directional thingy with Eonon, but that is back with Xtrons.
The Xtrons also starts up amazingly quick, that is likely for two reasons. It has a faster processor, and it has constant power supply
The only thing it is missing is a microphone. It comes with a short mic cable but no mic. You'll need to order that additionally.
Also, it comes with a 16 gauge yellow constant power cable. It is approx 8 feet long. This is plenty if you are going to fuse tap it into your glove box fuse box. But it will only reach the front of the back seat in an E93, if you are wiring to the battery. I bought some 16 gauge yellow wire from Lowes for about $5. It was 25 feet. So more than enough.
I am having issues getting my backup camera to work. But I suspect that is a Camera issue. Or possibly wiring. I did use constant power for the camera, with a relay triggered off the reverse light in the passenger side.
Thanks! I'll take a look at the backup camera and a mic as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #31
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J.K. View Post
Quote:
Thanks! I'll take a look at the backup camera and a mic as well.
The camera is not included either
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 12:06 PM   #32
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

Pic of the Xtrons installed. Looks just like Eonon, except the Eonon label and the climate bezel buldge
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #33
kylet101
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Thanks for the pic!

It's really disappointing that the bottom still does not sit flush with the dash. Due to my OCD I think I will end up getting the more expensive Dynavin
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #34
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

I think some modification would allow the fit you desire.
There is a metal bracket that blocks the climate control from going in at the angle you prefer. Trim a few notches in that and trim the tabs on the climate control and it will slide in at any angle you wish. You may need to alter the climate bezel as well.
Mine sticks out further than they intend. But I prefer it that way. It's angled up towards the viewing angle.
I trimmed my side tabs completely off to adjust the angle to my liking. It holds in perfectly with out them.
The bottom of the climate box does come in contact with the bracket behind it. Trim that bracket you are all set.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 04:53 PM   #35
J0K3R5
Lieutenant
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: BMW

Nice write up,
Ive got the PF7590BAP: http://xtrons.co.uk/pf7590ba-7-andro...ries-2008.html

Ive had no end of problems with it locking up and crashing or the screen would just turn off for no reason. So I decided to reflash if with the Joying firmware.
Now it runs perfect and a lot quicker than it did before.

https://www.carjoying.com/Joying-blog/42.html
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 05:22 AM   #36
J0K3R5
Lieutenant
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: BMW

Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 07:11 AM   #37
J.J.K.
Rep

Well after 1 1/2 months of owning the Xtrons it has to get sent back. The echo with phone calls over bluetooth is so bad for the other person that it is almost unbearable. Add that to the random dropping of the bluetooth connection with my phone and it becomes unusable. After trying to work with xtrons to get it fixed, they decided they didn't want to send me a new one, just refund my money. Hope nobody else has this problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 08:17 AM   #38
jamherber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N53 & Lotus Elise

Suppose you get what you pay for. Our Dynavin N6 unit has been working superbly in the 4 months we've had it.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #39
trbizwiz
Private
Rep

I also have an echo. I assumed it was mic related. What steps did they have you go through to attempt to correct it?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2017, 07:27 AM   #40
J.J.K.
Rep

Quote:
I also have an echo. I assumed it was mic related. What steps did they have you go through to attempt to correct it?
They had me update the firmware with one they emailed me; didn't fix the problem. I am guessing the bluetooth module they use has issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 05:00 AM   #41
mashurst
Private
Rep
Drives: 320i E92 LCI

Thought I'd threadjack this and add my few pence worth to it.

I got the Eonon GA9165A, and love it. I bought a(I suspect hacked) version of IGO from the bay of Es for about a tenner, and loaded that onto an SD card and that works fine for navigation so far.

I had problems with the clock defaulting back to Chinese time, but the mod to the factory settings mentioned earlier in this thread sorted that.

I also had a problem where the door open indicator was incorrectly handed and kept showing right door open when left was, and I sorted that in the factory settings too by changing the rudder setting to right rudder from left and changing the setting two below that one to "swap".

I'm still working on the fit, but I suspect with some more trimming that will be OK.

More when I finish it all
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #42
mashurst
Private
Rep

So I've pretty much sorted the fit problem.

All of the pictures on here and videos on YouTube of the Eonon units, end up with the aircon unit protruding by about 5-10 mm from the surrounding trim, which looks gash Mine was just the same, but I've fixed it. First, someone posted a suggestion that the plastic where the support bracket is screwed on using the existing BMW screws had a couple of mm of foam/plastic which needs to be trimmed back, so I did that. Still sticks out.

So next, I test fitted the unit to the bracket, and pushed the whole thing in , and it seemed pretty much spot on. So I re-screwed the bracket in place and fitted it again, but it was still sticking out.

Then I realised that something was holding the unit out from the bracket, so that it wouldn't click home properly, and then that the problem was caused by the BMW dome headed screws. Replaced them with some countersunk DIY type screws, and Robert's you mother's brother!! It fits!

Will try an do some pictures to show all of that later this week.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #43
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashurst View Post
So I've pretty much sorted the fit problem.

All of the pictures on here and videos on YouTube of the Eonon units, end up with the aircon unit protruding by about 5-10 mm from the surrounding trim, which looks gash Mine was just the same, but I've fixed it. First, someone posted a suggestion that the plastic where the support bracket is screwed on using the existing BMW screws had a couple of mm of foam/plastic which needs to be trimmed back, so I did that. Still sticks out.

So next, I test fitted the unit to the bracket, and pushed the whole thing in , and it seemed pretty much spot on. So I re-screwed the bracket in place and fitted it again, but it was still sticking out.

Then I realised that something was holding the unit out from the bracket, so that it wouldn't click home properly, and then that the problem was caused by the BMW dome headed screws. Replaced them with some countersunk DIY type screws, and Robert's you mother's brother!! It fits!

Will try an do some pictures to show all of that later this week.
Still waiting on those pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 12:36 PM   #44
mashurst
Private
Rep

Sorry Dude, forgot all about it, I'll try and do some tomorrow
Appreciate 0