E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > E90 325i radiator removal help (VA)

04-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

E90 325i radiator removal help (VA)

Hello all,
Bought a new radiator to install on my car. Read a bunch of DYI posts and vids. Got everything done except the lower radiator hose WILL Not come off. Tried wiggling wiggling pulling pulling.. Etc to no avail.

Anybody in VA or close (Lorton) area that came help me to finish this please. Will pay.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:09 PM   #2
Rube
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
Hello all,
Bought a new radiator to install on my car. Read a bunch of DYI posts and vids. Got everything done except the lower radiator hose WILL Not come off. Tried wiggling wiggling pulling pulling.. Etc to no avail.

Anybody in VA or close (Lorton) area that came help me to finish this please. Will pay.
Thanks
I had the same issue, ended up taking the radiator out with the hose still connected to it. Then I used a screw driver and hammer and tapped it off. Since youre replacing the radiator can you use a large screw driver and pry it off?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
BrazilianBimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: Black e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rube View Post
I had the same issue, ended up taking the radiator out with the hose still connected to it. Then I used a screw driver and hammer and tapped it off. Since youre replacing the radiator can you use a large screw driver and pry it off?
How had you do that??
That same hose is connected to thermostat?
I've tried to wiggle the radiator with it connected and pull it out.

Thought about sawing off the plastic part of the radiator but I'm afraid it'll stay stuck in and be more of PITA to take it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 08:00 AM   #4
Rube
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianBimmer View Post
How had you do that??
That same hose is connected to thermostat?
I've tried to wiggle the radiator with it connected and pull it out.

Thought about sawing off the plastic part of the radiator but I'm afraid it'll stay stuck in and be more of PITA to take it out.
It may be a bit different since i have a 335i but i was able to take the hose off the water pump and then pull out the rad with the hose still connected to the rad. Then i tapped the hose off with the rad out of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 08:50 PM   #5
Airjunky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Convertible

I just did this on Sunday. I wound up using Robo-Grips to Pry the Hose off. I stuck the jaws of the Robo-Grips (Pliers) in the V of the Lower Radiator Connection and twisted the Robo-Grips Counter Clockwise and this was enough pressure to pop the hose off. I couldn't get enough pressure on it from the top or bottom with any other tool. Since the connector is turned up and the angle is about 30-40 Degrees up, it was hard to use any other Tool and get enough pressure on it. The Radiator Connections on these 3 Series are tough to get off no matter where they are.
Appreciate 0