E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > ~DIY: $130 Rear View Camera with OEM integration (vendors will hate me)~



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-07-2020, 10:25 AM   #1299
lnxguy
Major
200
Rep
1,012
Posts

Drives: 2009 335D
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Barrie

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
Hey guys I'm struggling with my DIY today. I have everything installed but I get nothing on my screen. When I change the L6 part of the coding I go from having PDC view to absolutely nothing when I go in reverse. Please help if you can
Make sure the canbus wires are twisted like crazy.
__________________
'09 335D
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 04:41 PM   #1300
Paliator
Private
Paliator's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi, 2010 335i both E92
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
Hey guys I'm struggling with my DIY today. I have everything installed but I get nothing on my screen. When I change the L6 part of the coding I go from having PDC view to absolutely nothing when I go in reverse. Please help if you can
Make sure the canbus wires are twisted like crazy.
Just tried this. I redid every wire in the system with no luck
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:27 PM   #1301
gearhead26
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong02 View Post
Have you tested the camera in isolation by simply giving it 12 volts and connecting it with a monitor?
The camera works with a 12V source and external TV. It doesn't work when I wire it to the car though. Not sure why at this point.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2020, 05:49 AM   #1302
billabong02
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2010 BWM 3 Series E90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead26 View Post
The camera works with a 12V source and external TV. It doesn't work when I wire it to the car though. Not sure why at this point.
Check if your coding is right, if you're in Europe use pins 18/28 and use wert_21 otherwise use the coding from the op.

Also check all your connections with a multimeter if possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 02:38 PM   #1303
billabong02
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2010 BWM 3 Series E90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Happy to report that I've sorted out the issue I was having where my back up camera would only work on the first shift into reverse and fail on subsequent shifts.

I had my cic module updated to run the latest firmware CIC.C1A and that did the trick. Updating the cic wiped out the coding on the module so that needed to be redone too. It works flawlessly now.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 03:29 PM   #1304
Paliator
Private
Paliator's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi, 2010 335i both E92
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Update on my situation. I wiped all my coding, got a new emulator and pnp harness and made sure my camera works, recoded, and still nothing comes up on my screen when I go into reverse.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 02:20 PM   #1305
billabong02
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2010 BWM 3 Series E90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
Update on my situation. I wiped all my coding, got a new emulator and pnp harness and made sure my camera works, recoded, and still nothing comes up on my screen when I go into reverse.
What screen do you get when you shift into reverse. Can you take a photo?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #1306
Paliator
Private
Paliator's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi, 2010 335i both E92
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Pennsylvania

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong02 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
Update on my situation. I wiped all my coding, got a new emulator and pnp harness and made sure my camera works, recoded, and still nothing comes up on my screen when I go into reverse.
What screen do you get when you shift into reverse. Can you take a photo?
I get nothing like it is as if I didn't shift.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #1307
billabong02
Private
United Kingdom
3
Rep
67
Posts

Drives: 2010 BWM 3 Series E90
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paliator View Post
I get nothing like it is as if I didn't shift.
Do you at least hear the parking sensors going off? If you hear them and the screen doesn't change that definitely points to a coding problem.

You mentioned that you wiped the coding, the cic coding changes will obviously need to go back in for you to see the new reverse screen layout.

Plus the $3AG in the VO/FA for CAS and FRM or NFRM if you removed those too.

Last edited by billabong02; 09-21-2020 at 10:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:50 AM   #1308
GovernUrMental
Private First Class
GovernUrMental's Avatar
Australia
34
Rep
164
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: In the Matrix

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billabong02 View Post
Happy to report that I've sorted out the issue I was having where my back up camera would only work on the first shift into reverse and fail on subsequent shifts.

I had my cic module updated to run the latest firmware CIC.C1A and that did the trick. Updating the cic wiped out the coding on the module so that needed to be redone too. It works flawlessly now.
Good to hear you got it sorted. Who did the C1A update? Use icom?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
reverse camera

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST