E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help with installing and using INPA. FTDI Driver

07-20-2018, 04:02 PM   #1
BimmerNugget
Crazy Frog
United_States
Rep
Drives: L.L.Bean Bootmobile

Help with installing and using INPA. FTDI Driver

I recently purchased a refurbished Dell Precision M4300 to get INPA and all the other BMW software goodies. I installed Windows XP SP3 32 bit on to it. My basic computer specs are the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.20 GHZ
Ram: 3GB DDR2 (667 mhz i think)
HDD: Toshiba 160GB

I used Mike's Easy BMW Tools software package to install everything and it seems like everything worked except some drivers. I have the INPA logo on my desktop and I can launch INAP as well as all the other software (NCSExpert, NCSDummy, BMW Coding tool, Tool 32, & WinKFP) but I just can't get the FTDI drivers to install so I can use my OBD2 to USB cable.

When I try installing the drivers it always says it "ftdi cdm driver package install failed".

Any idea?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #2
Impac
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Inpa and all the other software works on all windows even win10, you can download driver from one-stop-electronics,
Appreciate 0