E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Custom Catless Manifold + BMS Downpip Fix Install

05-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #111
randomquickness
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI Elite View Post
What is the price? I can commit if its within the range I'm expecting. 50% papal'd would be fine.

Its for Catless manifold correct?
You and me! let's do this and help mapleridge get these made
      09-14-2013, 10:16 PM   #112
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

anyone still sub'd to this thread, I had sets made and there are about 7 still available. PM me if you want one.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 02:26 AM   #113
Amini77
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White '13 550i

Garage List
2013 BMW 550i  [0.00]
So I just did mine, not exactly with these but basically the same thing. Stock manifold with a primary cat delete, exactly at 3k rpm the thing sounds like a fart can. But only at 3k, not before not after. I'm getting a magnaflow resonator put in. Currently I have no 2ndary, no resonator, and a Remus muffler. 2.5inch piping all the way through.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #114
Forced_ZA
Registered
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 325i

Hi there

I want to do the same thing, I got a header delete set but I know there are sensors that go into the cats? Can I reuse these sensors in the new set. Picture below of what I got. I see there are "holes" for something, I presume its fot the sensors, although I've heard of people putting in dummy sensors to clear the codes. I just dont want to do this and it causes my car to limp
Attached Images

12-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #115
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forced_ZA View Post
Hi there

I want to do the same thing, I got a header delete set but I know there are sensors that go into the cats? Can I reuse these sensors in the new set. Picture below of what I got. I see there are "holes" for something, I presume its fot the sensors, although I've heard of people putting in dummy sensors to clear the codes. I just dont want to do this and it causes my car to limp
You need to move your old O2 sensors from the oem manifolds to the new ones. Make sure you do not mix them up, I recommend that you remove the old manifolds with the sensors in place and then swap the sensors one by one from the old manifold to the new ones while you have everything off the car. Mark the wire plugs with tape so you plug each one back in the right spot.

You need to code for the cat delete or you will get a check engine light. You will not get limp mode without cats just a check light.
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2018, 08:42 PM   #116
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Hi there

which headers are these?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2018, 11:21 PM   #117
Forced_ZA
Registered
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Quote:
Hi there

You need to move your old O2 sensors from the oem manifolds to the new ones. Make sure you do not mix them up, I recommend that you remove the old manifolds with the sensors in place and then swap the sensors one by one from the old manifold to the new ones while you have everything off the car. Mark the wire plugs with tape so you plug each one back in the right spot.

You need to code for the cat delete or you will get a check engine light. You will not get limp mode without cats just a check light.
Thanks, would I have to get the car tuned?
      12-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #118
Forced_ZA
Registered
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORTMOODY View Post
Quote:
Hi there

which headers are these?
Headers imported from Germany, I just found them online
      12-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #119
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Headers imported from Germany, I just found them online
Can you be more specific? Web address?
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 09:42 PM   #120
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Thanks, would I have to get the car tuned?
If you just want to avoid the check engine light you can get o2 spacers to install at the post cat sensors. Ideally, you want to tune the car to maximize gains with the headers and remove the cel light for missing catalytic converters.
Appreciate 0