E90Post

European Auto Source (EAS)

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

Today, 01:08 AM   #7217
Keyless77
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i e88 2011,DCT,Wagner IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaeldarer View Post
I don't see req throttle as a parameter that was logged on datazap and screenshot clearly shows the throttle not completely opening.
Your log is fine, earlier maps used to over boost at the beginning of WOT causing timing correction, and throttle would deep several times during the pull
the throttle in your log is increased almost linear ,and that's one of the main reasons you feel the smoothness I wouldn't really call that throttle closure.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:48 PM   #7218
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Just reflashed my Stage 1+ to have it updated and I think something might of gone wrong.

First of all, yes I ran the update for the app on google play store, but I am also a "beta tester" so I don't know if this affects my version.

Now the problem. People have been mentioning idle around 800rpm, while mine is still near 650 constantly. Other than that, I am having some electrical failures. Front windows won't open, signal lights won't stay fully on, high beams won't trigger on.

This might be a coincidence since it has been getting quite warm here and all of the snow on my car melted. I've had some instances before where because of some water, my electrical system begins to trip. I'll have too look at my wiring in summer.

Now, on the log, the MHD Version indicated is: MHD Version 1.57 98g0b v1.54 stage 1 plus 91acn_94cadat_noaalp

I can see version 1.57 and 1.54 in this line so I am not sure what version it is running!

EDIT: I checked some other logs that were recently added after the update and my version seems right.

For the moment I will wait a bit and retry the car later in order to let the water evaporate (if there is any) and see if this is the problem.

If this is not the problem I will reflash later.

Last edited by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly; Today at 03:59 PM.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:08 PM   #7219
unrulyteach
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

What's the feedback for map updates? Good? Bad?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:13 PM   #7220
vespa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Front windows won't open, signal lights won't stay fully on, high beams won't trigger on.
The FRM module features an automatic self-destruct routine that is triggered after a random number of OBD connections, after which the windows and lights will no longer work. If that bothers you, BMW offers a free exchange for a version with with the self-destruct feature disabled as long as the car is under 10 years/156K miles. Note that they will program/update the whole car in the process. If you're out of warranty there are some DIY repair threads around.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:36 PM   #7221
TheGoodTheBadTheUgly
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa View Post
The FRM module features an automatic self-destruct routine that is triggered after a random number of OBD connections, after which the windows and lights will no longer work. If that bothers you, BMW offers a free exchange for a version with with the self-destruct feature disabled as long as the car is under 10 years/156K miles. Note that they will program/update the whole car in the process. If you're out of warranty there are some DIY repair threads around.
Great seems like I just ran into this exact problem. I tried flashing car back to map 0 and nothing changed.

Can you elaborate more on this whole self-destruct thing? I am searching right now for some threads.

All I know is that even the other day when I wasn't using the OBD port my lighting system was having issues.

And by the way I am getting no Check Engine ECU codes or any DME codes.