E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Unethical Supplier: SCHMIEDMANN - Members Be Warned

10-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Unethical Supplier: SCHMIEDMANN - Members Be Warned

I normally don’t make disparaging comments about Suppliers however, given the number of other forum members in Australia who have experienced the same, it is time the unethical business practices of Martin Andresen – Owner, of SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark was exposed.

Like many other forum members, I was attracted to Schmiedmann because of their very low price on supply and deliver of the Alpine HiFi Kit upgrade – you saved a good couple of hundred dollars compared to Stealers in Australia. I was aware of one other member who had their kit arrive with the Tweeters damaged and he went through hell to get them replaced (wouldn’t respond to emails, took forever and charged him extra). I did the right thing and specifically asked that the speakers be packed extra special given the long trip and the other member’s experiences – I even placed that request in writing on the original order under “Special Instructions”. Yes, you guessed it – they arrived damaged!!!

The Schmiedmann Salesman I was dealing with was extremely helpful and even rang me at home to say he had a new kit in stock and for me to post the original kit back to them (not just the two Tweeters). Given the 3KG package weight I was worried about postal charges though he assured me not to worry as Schmiedmann would reimburse me the cost (I have that undertaking in writing from him) and they would claim the costs back from BMW.

I shipped the original kit back and emailed the postage receipt (AU$126) and didn’t hear back for a while – I made contact with my Salesman and he assured me it was in hand – I have that follow-up assurance in writing. They then took their 3 week summer vacation (business closedown) so upon their return I raised the issue again. To my surprise, I was told the Salesman had left the business and that he had no authority to offer to reimburse the postage charges, notwithstanding I had that in writing and the Owner - Martin Andresen, was copied in on the email. They just flat out refused to honour the commitment made.

I was offered a silly $60 credit to purchase something subsequently but they wouldn’t repay my full $AU126. I wrote to Martin Andresen a number of times reiterating the sequence of events and the undertakings given. Even with the written proof the Salesman offered what he did, Andresen just didn’t care.

Throughout this ordeal Martin Andresen did not tell the truth, he was unethical and refused to stand by commitments made by his staff on behalf of his Company. In Australia, we have a term for people like that and its call being “a Wanker”. I have been contacted by another forum member who has also purchased the Kit off Schmiedmann, it has arrived damaged and he is going through hell trying to get the items replaced. What I originally saved purchasing the kit off them I lost on the postage.

Everything I have written above I have written to Martin Andresen, including calling him an unethical businessman and a Wanker.

Whatever you do, NEVER EVER purchase anything from SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark - you do so at your own peril and cost. They are a Supplier forum members should not deal with and I know there are at least two other forum members who have had the exact same experience as me.

Be warned…..
Appreciate 2
      10-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Bmwguy11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M3

This should be in the vendor comments forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthBMW View Post
I normally don’t make disparaging comments about Suppliers however, given the number of other forum members in Australia who have experienced the same, it is time the unethical business practices of Martin Andresen – Owner, of SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark was exposed.

Like many other forum members, I was attracted to Schmiedmann because of their very low price on supply and deliver of the Alpine HiFi Kit upgrade – you saved a good couple of hundred dollars compared to Stealers in Australia. I was aware of one other member who had their kit arrive with the Tweeters damaged and he went through hell to get them replaced (wouldn’t respond to emails, took forever and charged him extra). I did the right thing and specifically asked that the speakers be packed extra special given the long trip and the other member’s experiences – I even placed that request in writing on the original order under “Special Instructions”. Yes, you guessed it – they arrived damaged!!!

The Schmiedmann Salesman I was dealing with was extremely helpful and even rang me at home to say he had a new kit in stock and for me to post the original kit back to them (not just the two Tweeters). Given the 3KG package weight I was worried about postal charges though he assured me not to worry as Schmiedmann would reimburse me the cost (I have that undertaking in writing from him) and they would claim the costs back from BMW.

I shipped the original kit back and emailed the postage receipt (AU$126) and didn’t hear back for a while – I made contact with my Salesman and he assured me it was in hand – I have that follow-up assurance in writing. They then took their 3 week summer vacation (business closedown) so upon their return I raised the issue again. To my surprise, I was told the Salesman had left the business and that he had no authority to offer to reimburse the postage charges, notwithstanding I had that in writing and the Owner - Martin Andresen, was copied in on the email. They just flat out refused to honour the commitment made.

I was offered a silly $60 credit to purchase something subsequently but they wouldn’t repay my full $AU126. I wrote to Martin Andresen a number of times reiterating the sequence of events and the undertakings given. Even with the written proof the Salesman offered what he did, Andresen just didn’t care.

Throughout this ordeal Martin Andresen did not tell the truth, he was unethical and refused to stand by commitments made by his staff on behalf of his Company. In Australia, we have a term for people like that and its call being “a Wanker”. I have been contacted by another forum member who has also purchased the Kit off Schmiedmann, it has arrived damaged and he is going through hell trying to get the items replaced. What I originally saved purchasing the kit off them I lost on the postage.

Everything I have written above I have written to Martin Andresen, including calling him an unethical businessman and a Wanker.

Whatever you do, NEVER EVER purchase anything from SCHMIEDMANN in Odense Denmark - you do so at your own peril and cost. They are a Supplier forum members should not deal with and I know there are at least two other forum members who have had the exact same experience as me.

Be warned…..
Hi, I am sorry to hear of your bad experiences with these guys, I have purchased many parts from them, purely on price as the do offer great prices especially compared to here in switzerland. i can say, hand on heart I have never had a problem with delivery damage or being "shafted" in any way, I repect your opinions as each deal is different, good luck to all you guys down under with deliveries and modding of cars but NOT with the Rugby, see you in the final England V Australia. England forever.
Attached Images

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Forgestar wheels also suck.
      01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #5
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 lci

i want to buy some parts for my e90, can we trust these guys now? or are they the same?

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #6
PerthBMW
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
i want to buy some parts for my e90, can we trust these guys now? or are they the same?

Thanks..
I wouldn't go near them. remember you will be hit with the bad exchange rate at the moment as well.....
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 03:15 AM   #7
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't go near them. remember you will be hit with the bad exchange rate at the moment as well.....
Avoiding them, thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 04:44 AM   #8
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Funny, cause I've purchased quite a few items from them shipped to U.S. - never had problems with damaged goods or poor/shady service...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 12:43 AM   #9
BMWE90 ModMaster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Funny, cause I've purchased quite a few items from them shipped to U.S. - never had problems with damaged goods or poor/shady service...
I'm totally confused. Why would you ever buy something from Australia and get it shipped to the states? You can buy the same thing here locally for probably the same price and save on the shipping?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Vendors in US don't always have such great shipping costs. Many times I've ordered items, paid $15 to ship, only to find they arrive in a $5 USPS (Pony Express) Flat Rate Small Box - guess that xtra $10 is for their special 'handling' eh?
It sounds like you should do a better job researching vendors before you make a purchase.
Myself and i know a lot of vendors on this forum, we give free shipping on most our products and if we do charge shipping it is the minimum (and sometimes w end up paying half of the shipping costs)

Some US vendors are giving us, US companies a bad reputation

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2014, 08:25 AM   #11
insane79
Major
No_Country
Rep

UPDATE-
I just ordered some stuff from these guys, fast shipping & excellent pricing, all went well. Will order from them again for sure..

Thanks..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2015, 07:45 PM   #12
NBTBRV8
Captain
Rep
Drives: LCi E60 530i

I have ordered some stuff from when which I can see is in transit. I hope everything goes ok. The biggest thing I have found with them so far is that they do not respond to emails or messages through their website. They won't even price something up that doesn't come up in a part number search.

I guess if you pay a dirty price you can expect a dirty service.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 09:21 AM   #13
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
With regards to the Blackline taillights they sell for the 1 series, everyone seems to be getting those is happy with experience
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
I bought interior trim for my E90 from them a long time ago and even with shipping to the states it was cheap!
      03-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #15
whosdady
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I hate to say it as I try hard to refrain from sharing negative experiences but I would advise using a domestic vendor over this one listed above...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:11 AM   #16
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 ModMaster View Post
I'm totally confused. Why would you ever buy something from Australia and get it shipped to the states? You can buy the same thing here locally for probably the same price and save on the shipping?
Because certain items (like euro tail lights w/amber indicators) aren't available in the states. You have to order them from overseas unless a local vendor happens to stock them. Usually though they're marked up quite a bit so it can actually be cheaper to order them yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #17
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
I learned the hard way.. bunch of clowns
      02-01-2022, 07:28 PM   #18
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoidat69 View Post
care to share details. I have ordered from them a couple of years back and it was smooth.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:18 AM   #19
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Quote:
care to share details. I have ordered from them a couple of years back and it was smooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Quote:
I think they are fine unless you have issues with your order or have to return items...

One of my items that was "in stock" wasn't and it took 5 days to get a thermostat.. Returns are a pain in the ass with them and expensive with 20% restocking fee.
      11-15-2022, 06:31 PM   #20
MarkyB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi e92 N51

I just ordered a used flywheel from them on Saturday, part shipped Monday and arrived today. Free next day shipping from Denmark to the USA is awesome. The flywheel is in great condition and exactly as advertised.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2022, 03:53 PM   #21
ARKANSASMARINE
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

thank you for the heads up!

Quote:

Be warned…..
I couldn't have found this at a better time! I'm new to servicing my BMW, and as such, am currently in this exact forum looking for a supplier to Arkansas, USA. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
Appreciate 1
PerthBMW218.50
      02-23-2023, 11:03 PM   #22
Unservati
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 325ci

Had no problems with these guys,all my stuff made it correctly to new Zealand from Denmark in under 10 days.be aware that just because you had a bad experience,not all of us will.jyst my two cents...
Appreciate 0