E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > xHP Flashtool - Flash your automatic trans! Official thread

05-11-2020, 01:25 PM   #2949
fmonteiro444
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive

Garage List
I have a Stage 4 xHP flash on my fully built 14 F30 N55. We are getting torque limiter 1048576 constantly now at high boost/high horsepower. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Here are two log. The first log shows it happening in 3rd gear and the second log shows it shortly after shifting into 5th gear.

https://datazap.me/u/fmonteiro444/v7...0&data=4-18-46

https://datazap.me/u/fmonteiro444/v7...data=2-4-18-46

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
      05-11-2020, 04:37 PM   #2950
Street of Rage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i e92

Also... with the new version, PREPARING TO FLASH takes a bit long to get to actual flashing process. I patiently waited for a good few minutes (~2ish mins?) before the process to start. Is anyone also experiencing this?
      05-12-2020, 02:29 AM   #2951
Saif2018
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street of Rage View Post
Also... with the new version, PREPARING TO FLASH takes a bit long to get to actual flashing process. I patiently waited for a good few minutes (~2ish mins?) before the process to start. Is anyone also experiencing this?
Yes, same here, its slower than the old version. Dunno why it takes minutes before doing anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 03:45 AM   #2952
tip_m
Rep
Drives: 335i

With the iOS release finally decided to bite the bullet and install this. Even before the 50 mile break in initial impressions are positive. Stage 2 D mode is smooth and feels smarter in how gears are selected. Too bad with the shelter in place don’t get to drive the car around much.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 03:56 AM   #2953
RBT-Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Austria
Rep

Drives: 335i F31 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmonteiro444 View Post
I have a Stage 4 xHP flash on my fully built 14 F30 N55. We are getting torque limiter 1048576 constantly now at high boost/high horsepower. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Here are two log. The first log shows it happening in 3rd gear and the second log shows it shortly after shifting into 5th gear.

https://datazap.me/u/fmonteiro444/v7...0&data=4-18-46

https://datazap.me/u/fmonteiro444/v7...data=2-4-18-46

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Your engine tune is reporting 390 Nm at 29 psi. Load-2-Torque calculation is completely upside/down. No idea who calculates falling torque, when boost is rising. That can't work.

It's not a limiter, it's just a slipping transmission saving you some dollars for new clutches. Fixing Load-2-Torque could be a start, but it could very well be that the clutch-packs are already fried anyway and even with correct pressure it won't hold that power. 2 Bar is a lot of pressure and the 8HP45 is not the strongest trans on earth. Even if all is in correct, it will be worn out sooner or later.

Please read this article, to understand further: https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/li...engine_torque/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saif2018 View Post
Yes, same here, its slower than the old version. Dunno why it takes minutes before doing anything.
Please click on Send Logs in the App and contact our support at support@rbttuning.com
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2020, 01:10 PM   #2954
Street of Rage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBT-Tuning View Post
Please click on Send Logs in the App and contact our support at support@rbttuning.com
I've just done that. I don't mind waiting as long as the process goes through, just wonder if the bug still persists.
      05-12-2020, 04:52 PM   #2955
fmonteiro444
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Your engine tune is reporting 390 Nm at 29 psi. Load-2-Torque calculation is completely upside/down. No idea who calculates falling torque, when boost is rising. That can't work.

It's not a limiter, it's just a slipping transmission saving you some dollars for new clutches. Fixing Load-2-Torque could be a start, but it could very well be that the clutch-packs are already fried anyway and even with correct pressure it won't hold that power. 2 Bar is a lot of pressure and the 8HP45 is not the strongest trans on earth. Even if all is in correct, it will be worn out sooner or later.

Please read this article, to understand further: https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/li...engine_torque/
We definitely have been pushing the stock trans to the limit, and it was slipping on the dyno in 6th gear RWD mode on the initial tune. It was able to handle a little more on the streat and we have been trying to dial it in more. Are there upgraded clutches available for this trans? Or would a simple stock refresh do? The transmission has 69k miles on it.
      05-12-2020, 08:56 PM   #2956
crazyazz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyXL View Post
+1 on that..I'm experiencing the same issue. That jolt on stop is super annoying.
Did you guys find a good setting to eliminate the issue ?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:56 PM   #2957
iqraceworks
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I know there are setting in xHP for "throttle blips in m-mode"....but what about the throttle blips in Sport mode? My 07' 335i is annoying in sport mode with the throttle blips when driving in traffic....any way to adjust that, or turn them off so they it only blips the throttle in manual mode?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:11 PM   #2958
Red_Bean_Bun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
I am getting that too. Your ride uses Kline bus ?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 10:13 PM   #2959
Red_Bean_Bun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not specifically. What the MHD option does, is to leave the Load-2-Torque calculation stock, because it's no longer necessary to "bend" those maps for avoiding the stock trans limiter.

But you would not get any boost drops if a certain tune still does that and runs with xHP.
Does the DME torque limit offset table affect the xHP OTS maps ?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 02:41 AM   #2960
Street of Rage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Bean_Bun View Post
I am getting that too. Your ride uses Kline bus ?
I sent an email 2 days ago. I received a reply from RBT, saying that I'm using 'off brand' KDCAN cable, resulting longer time before actual flashing process.

I mean, I am not using BimmerGeek cable. I assume that makes sense. Also they're trying to maximize with other branding of KDCAN cable to improve the speed. I'm not complaining as long as it works.
      05-15-2020, 02:49 AM   #2961
Red_Bean_Bun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I sent an email 2 days ago. I received a reply from RBT, saying that I'm using 'off brand' KDCAN cable, resulting longer time before actual flashing process.

I mean, I am not using BimmerGeek cable. I assume that makes sense. Also they're trying to maximize with other branding of KDCAN cable to improve the speed. I'm not complaining as long as it works.
Iím using the Bimmergeek cable ...

But my ride uses Kline and not CAN though ...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 03:10 AM   #2962
Street of Rage
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Iím using the Bimmergeek cable ...

But my ride uses Kline and not CAN though ...
Then I think almost all of us are experiencing similar wait time.

Also prior to the new app redesign, the flash process required some patience too lol. Maybe the total time is about the same
      05-17-2020, 11:11 PM   #2963
kriswithak
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hey yall, 2011 e92 6AT here.

Friday I updated my xHP app and saw there was a new version, and a new map for my Stage 3 v2.1 flash. I hooked up my car to my battery tender, turned everything off in the car, rolled the windows down and buckled my seatbelt, the whole nine. ignition on, flash goes off successfully. Flashed a Stage 2 E30 MHD map that I had previously. Ignition off, ignition on, everything seems fine. Disconnected tender, car sat overnight. Started it next morning (Saturday) and engaged reverse, backed out of my garage fine. Put it into D and the accelerator does not work, strong shaking from trans, rough idle, stalls and dies, so i put it in N to see if it continued, it does. idrive shows Trans Malfunction error message, but MHD shows no codes. Shut the car off and reflashed my MHD map to Stage 2 91oct, and xHP v3.0 again. Same problem. Full uninstall of MHD and xHP, reflash xHP Stage 3 v3.0, same problem. Uninstall again, car is now bone stock, runs fine. Drove it to get a new battery and back home with no issues or codes. Reflash MHD Stage 2 e30, no problems. Reflash xHP Stage 2 v3.0, same problem as with Stage 3, Reflash Stage 2 v1.5 same problem as with v3.0.
Went and got a brand new car battery to replace my aging one, did all of this again, same exact problem and issues, no codes, car just runs like crap and dies.
I e-mailed in my log files and will wait, but is anyone else having issues with the ZF flashes?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 04:12 AM   #2964
crazyazz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
I know there are setting in xHP for "throttle blips in m-mode"....but what about the throttle blips in Sport mode? My 07' 335i is annoying in sport mode with the throttle blips when driving in traffic....any way to adjust that, or turn them off so they it only blips the throttle in manual mode?
Downshifting into 2nd is the worst. They should adjust it on the stock maps.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:06 AM   #2965
sjbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Havenít connected to car for a bit
Downloaded the new app, had some trouble connecting never had any issues before
after repeated goes managed to connect by first connecting to MHD then trying XHP and it worked

Tried to flash new Stage 3 v3.0 but XHP keeps crashing?

07 Kline with JB4

anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:43 AM   #2966
Red_Bean_Bun
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjbmw View Post
Havenít connected to car for a bit
Downloaded the new app, had some trouble connecting never had any issues before
after repeated goes managed to connect by first connecting to MHD then trying XHP and it worked

Tried to flash new Stage 3 v3.0 but XHP keeps crashing?

07 Kline with JB4

anyone else?
JB4 - set it to map 0 ?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:08 AM   #2967
sjbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
JB4 - set it to map 0 ?