E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > F chassis seats into E chassis

06-13-2023, 05:13 PM   #23
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Have you checked in ISTA? Like the comment above mentioned, that should give you the pinout for all the connections. I personally haven’t looked for it for this purpose, but have come across this kind of information in ISTA before when messing around learning about the software.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 11:47 PM   #24
codeterrorist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFLf10 View Post
Have you checked in ISTA? Like the comment above mentioned, that should give you the pinout for all the connections. I personally haven’t looked for it for this purpose, but have come across this kind of information in ISTA before when messing around learning about the software.
I don't have ISTA installed. Never had it actually
Does it have the pinout for F series? don't know why I'm under the impression is goes only up to E series cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2023, 12:00 AM   #25
SWFLf10
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpina B6, 2015 535i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeterrorist View Post
I don't have ISTA installed. Never had it actually
Does it have the pinout for F series? don't know why I'm under the impression is goes only up to E series cars.
The older ISTA-D and ISTA-P I believe is only usable up until the F series. ISTA + (commonly just called ISTA) is everything starting with F series. And I may be wrong, but I believe it’s also a replacement for ISTA-P and D. Although I may be incorrect on that part.

It should have pinouts for everything I believe.
Appreciate 1
      06-14-2023, 05:07 PM   #26
codeterrorist
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

I installed ISTA last night. I put my E90 VIN and the F30 VIN and they both got me info. Thanks, SWFLf10 for the help.

Not very intuitive I would say. I did find some pinout but can't figure out how to get the airbag plug pinout.

The thread from installing the F80 seats on spool{}street mentioned the wires are reversed. But those are from F80 seats and as we know BMW, they like to move things around so I still can't confirm the pinout for the airbag connector. But it is a huge help and resource to dig through. So thanks again, SWFLf10.
Appreciate 0