E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > [Price Check] E91 2007 328xi w/ 6spd

12-30-2015, 08:59 AM   #1
HerrGruyere
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

[Price Check] E91 2007 328xi w/ 6spd

Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but I was just trying to gauge the market a little bit. I am considering selling my car (likely private party) and was browsing KBB and Auto Trader/Cars.com. I haven't seen many cars quite like mine, so I just wanted to get a better feel of what kind of price I could expect.

It's a 2007 328xi wagon with a six speed and manual adjust sport seats. It's black on black. It has 131,2xx on it. It's my daily driver. I take very good care of it. It does not leak or burn oil (used so far approximately .25 of a quart during oil change after almost 8,000 miles). 75% tread on all four tires. Some minor scratches by the door handle, a few specks on the hood, but nothing out of the ordinary for a car this age. No rust. Suspension is tight. New fluids in differentials and transmission. New air filter. Some wear on drivers seat, but all others are fine. Really nothing is wrong with it.

I'm guessing I would probably get 10K max? Probably less? I'm seeing these go for 8K most of the time, but they all don't have sport seats or anything like that. I believe it's the mileage that's killing me.

Not in a hurry to sell. I just wanted to check. I was thinking about jumping ship and getting an older Land Rover (I like to tinker). I'm also exhausted trying to keep a car spotless.

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #2
bmwmsport
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

The price you listed is about right.

Private party comes out to be a little less than that.

GLWS!!
      12-31-2015, 07:25 AM   #3
igzekyativ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328xi Wagon

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I bought a 2007 328xi wagon for $10,200 sales price (+taxes, tags and registration) + $900 shipping

- ~98,500 miles
- sapphire black metallic, does have paint chips and scratches in several places
- steptronic auto transmission
- x-drive
- very clean brown leather interior
- sports package
- cold weather package (heated seats and headlight washers)
- rear PDC
- adaptive headlights
- panoramic roof

It needed some work right away though (I did it all DIY to save some $$)...

- new eccentric shaft sensor (I replaced the valve cover, gasket, and spark plugs at the same time)
- new battery (plus coding)
- new water-pump and thermostat
- new cabin filter and air filter
- oil and oil filter change
- new flex discs and center bearing on the rear driveshaft (did not fix problem)
- my transfer case is leaking a little
- my oil pan gasket is leaking a little

I should probably replace the trans fluid, diff fluids, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and drive belt too.

If you have maintenance records, that is worth a lot, and will add value to your car. I got mine from a dealer with no maintenance records.
2007 328xi Wagon, Black Sapphire Metallic, Sports Package, Cold Weather Package, Rear PDC, Airlift kit with 3P mgmt, CF Akrym rep lip, LCI M-Tech front bumper, LUX Angel Eyes, Black Kidneys, LED Interior Lights, M3 Steering Wheel with Extended Billet DCT Paddles, 19" Staggered VMR 710's
Appreciate 0