E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Weird Idling/Stall Issue With Tons Of Codes

03-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Lou_cfr
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 335i

Weird Idling/Stall Issue With Tons Of Codes

So recently I had to replace the fuel pressure sensor because my car was not running. After I replaced it and put everything back, it threw itself into limp mode but it ran fine (except no boost due to a 3100 and 2ABC code) and had no issues with revving. After a few minutes of idling, it developed this weird idle where it would just bounce between 1100-1300 rpm and pressing the throttle would do nothing. This would go on for about 15-30 seconds and then it would stall completely. When i removed the charge pipe I noticed the black box under the intake was super easy to take off in contrary to what I read in the DIY. I noticed one of the main connectors had a broken retainer clip but didnt think anything of it because my car ran fine up until the sensor went bad. Currently the car is in limp mode, I have an mhd stage 0 map for burbles/idle rpm/etc and a backend flash as well for e85 and the jb4 on map 5. I originally thought the two mhd maps would contradict each other but its worked up until now that way. Ive also been trying to put the JB4 in 4/2 but for some reason wont get out of 4/5.

These are my current codes and return right after I clear them

29DC - Cylinder Injection Cutout
2A2D - Fuel Low Pressure System - Fuel Pressure
2AAF - Fuel Pump Plausability
2ABC - Boost Pressure Sensor - Electric
2CFB - Throttle Valve Adaptive Value
2D09 - THROTTLE
2F08 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor, Signal
2F71 - Electronics Box Fan, Activation
2FC7 - Energy Saving Mode 2, Activation
3100 - Boost Pressure Control, Deactivation

Ive tried setting the JB4 to 0/0 and flashing MHD back to stock map but that does not help. Any input would be greatly appreciated as im currently without transportation.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
M.chowdhury1
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 318d

First and foremost, what is the model and year ?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:59 AM   #3
Lou_cfr
Registered
Rep

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to fix the issue. It ended up being the high pressure fuel pump gave out. It only took about 2 hours start to finish, mainly because I have no intakes on that side anymore, just a charge pipe. Strange symptoms but I knew the lpfp was good and the regulator was fine too. Replaced the hpfp and everything is running great now. Well kind of lol I still have to replace the spark plugs because they are all fouled out from all the gas. Its currently breaking up at above 4500 rpm at WOT. Ill be replacing them with 2 steps colder plugs due to being FBO with meth injection and running e85. Ill also be installing precision raceworks coils today or tomorrow so that should help considerably.

On a side note, and idk if its an issue really but, when going through the jb4 selections and trying to place it in 4/2 (running an mhd bef for e85) it always defaults to 4/5 no matter what. Im really confused about it so any help would be great.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 10:00 AM   #4
Lou_cfr
Registered
Rep

My car is a 2008 BMW 335i 6MT E90 btw
Appreciate 0