E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight is out

01-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ_TUR90 View Post
Haven't figured out the problem. However, I tested out my fog light ballest, and it has gone bad. My hypothesis is that the water from the car wash destroyed my fog light ballest along with some electronic component of the headlight. Since the problem is beyond my ability to diagnose or repair, I'll be taking it in to the dealership. Hopefully they figure it out, and let me know what is wrong with the car.

I've given up playing technician, after this point it is a complete waste of money replacing everything and anything that could have gone bad. I'll let the pros figure it out.

I will keep everyone posted with updates. Thanks everyone for the help.
im telling ya, swap the working headlight to the other side, and turn the light on. that will tell you right away if your headlight is bad, or if you harness is fried. i had water damage on my ballast also, even caused the bulb to explode..thought i had fried the harness but is swapped my working light to the other side and it powered up, which narrowed the problem to the housing. i just got a new bulb and ballast, problem solved.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #24
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
Armenia
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmegetatthat View Post
im telling ya, swap the working headlight to the other side, and turn the light on. that will tell you right away if your headlight is bad, or if you harness is fried. i had water damage on my ballast also, even caused the bulb to explode..thought i had fried the harness but is swapped my working light to the other side and it powered up, which narrowed the problem to the housing. i just got a new bulb and ballast, problem solved.
I've tried all of the following the bulb and ballest work just fine. Like others said in the post above it could be either the control module, harness, exe. I will let the pros deal with it.