E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > 335i exhaust and chip mod. Now heaps more Go!

06-01-2007, 02:01 AM   #23
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
The M3 is NA but the 335 has FI so much easier than the M3 to increase the state of tune. The new M3 engine, while great, will be fairly highly tuned to begin with so incremental increases in engine perfomance will be exponentially more difficult and expensive to achieve.
yep, that's true

when paying 180k+ for the car, would the $$$ really be an issue though?
      06-01-2007, 02:33 AM   #24
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
yep, that's true

when paying 180k+ for the car, would the $$$ really be an issue though?
No the $$$ would not really be an issue, but you would be pissed off if a mildly modded ($10- $20k) 335 smoked you (or at least easily kept up) on a track day. When it's not about the money, then it must be about the power, handlng, lap times, or just street cred. But street cred comes from power, handling and lap times.

I guess a buyer needs to ask "what else can I get for $180k+"? Porsche anyone?

I reserve my final judgement until the M3 is actually released to the market.
      06-01-2007, 02:37 AM   #25
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I guess a buyer needs to ask "what else can I get for $180k+"? Porsche anyone?
DING DING DING
      06-01-2007, 03:32 AM   #26
OZMOD335i
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 530d Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptOz View Post
I have read the Xede vs PROcede articles many times Doc and know what you mean. It makes for a very interesting debate. I am going PROcede myself (hopefully arriving soon).

Touche. Just what I was going to say.

Ozmod335i – why did you do the exhaust first before the Xede?

Do you think the Xede would have been very restricted by the standard exhaust?

Cheers.
With the exhaust being such an important part of the package for a turbo powered car I thought it may be better to do it first.I'm not exactly sure if that was the correct way to do it, plus I wanted to put a few more miles on the clock to make sure there was no problems with the engine being in stock form.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #27
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
$180k, i'm seriously considering trying to import a Hartge H50 from the UK. Now that would be something if i managed to land it here!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 07:21 AM   #28
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

well, im just saying that a milltek cat back for an audi b5 rs4 is about $2500, a turbo back for the same car with 100 cell racing cats is $5k.
so paying $4k for a cat back exhaust for the 335 is a little on the high side imo. im not saying that taipan r not a good exhaust, its just that i would prefer getting a milltek, as they r world renowned.

and yes, i know japanese parts r cheaper, and u pay a premium for euro tuning, still doesnt make it right
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #29
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
$180k, i'm seriously considering trying to import a Hartge H50 from the UK. Now that would be something if i managed to land it here!
that would be awesome hartge = the shit
      06-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #30
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah it's not looking easy at the moment, but i'm not going to give up easily. Might just take a bit longer, or involve me buying it and keeping it in the UK for a bit, but i was planning on working over there for a few years anyway, the last pricing i saw just to get the car UK delivered was around 130k (euros), but i want to see what'd it be for factory pickup in germany. I'd love to drive it back accross europe over a week or so.
But yeah, this is probably 18months off minimum and is dependant of getting the right post in london.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 08:10 PM   #31
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just love the idea of possibly owning the only H50 in the country, along with possessing what would be a car that is more powerful than every factory production M car. Plus that thing is amazing!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #32
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
I just love the idea of possibly owning the only H50 in the country, along with possessing what would be a car that is more powerful than every factory production M car. Plus that thing is amazing!
Importing a late model car is fairly hard as a personal import but if the car is not a model you can purchase locally, then it's possible. I picked up my 635CSI from the UK and the car had to be 15 years old to bring it in. But there is provision to import a car as long as you can demonstrate that model / configuration was not sold or distributed in Australia but it has to comply to all the ADR's including emissions. A 15 year old car can be regigtered without major issues thought. Pretty stupid when you think about it considering a new car would be SAFER !!!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 01:36 AM   #33
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Importing a late model car is fairly hard as a personal import but if the car is not a model you can purchase locally, then it's possible. I picked up my 635CSI from the UK and the car had to be 15 years old to bring it in. But there is provision to import a car as long as you can demonstrate that model / configuration was not sold or distributed in Australia but it has to comply to all the ADR's including emissions. A 15 year old car can be regigtered without major issues thought. Pretty stupid when you think about it considering a new car would be SAFER !!!
Yeah i know it's crazy, i there is pretty much 3 ways to bring them in, as you've said the 15year old one, not sold in the domestic market, or if you've owned it for 18-24mths (think it's 24) in that country before importing it. I'm probably going to go down the latter path, and try and own a new car o/s for a couple of years before coming back, that way hopefully work will pay for the car to be imported back into AUS.(One of my mates from the UK had work bring all his stuff and his CLK320 over when he relocated back to AUS, pretty sweet deal if you ask me)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #34
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

i would think it would be easier to just sell it and get a car over here, especially if its a car like a clk 320, dime a dozen in north sydney.
a unique car is another story tho
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #35
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
i would think it would be easier to just sell it and get a car over here, especially if its a car like a clk 320, dime a dozen in north sydney.
a unique car is another story tho
Yes & No. Work took care of it all for him, so it was probably easier than having to buy a new one. Also for his personal outlay he has saved a heap as they are much cheaper over there.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #36
eml
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe, F48 X1 xDr25i

was just breezing through the discussions and agruments and i couldn't get my eyes off the pictures of this fine example of a car. i've always hated white cars after using my first white car as a piece of gym equipment (flex those arms to keep them clean!). but this one is just ... wow ... including those breytons! nice!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2007, 07:07 PM   #37
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eml View Post
was just breezing through the discussions and agruments and i couldn't get my eyes off the pictures of this fine example of a car. i've always hated white cars after using my first white car as a piece of gym equipment (flex those arms to keep them clean!). but this one is just ... wow ... including those breytons! nice!
breyton makes amazing wheels... i was actually considdering seriously buying them when i was in teh market for new rims for my car, but i settlded for the bbs
      06-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #38
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by eml View Post
Not only is it nicc but I'd like to see that one lined up alongside a HSV doing the old trafic light grand prix

****** EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT ******

I've just got back from the BMW show n Shine day and OZMOD335i's cas was there on show. Let me assure you that it's one sweet ride. Looks great. Crongrat again. I didn't stay for the awards and presentations. Did you win your class ???. There were some nice (and riced) BMW's there but this one did it for me (actually the white E30 M3 was pretty damm good as well). Didn't see you beside your car or else I would of introduced myself.

Last edited by VGR00; 06-02-2007 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2007, 04:11 AM   #39
OZMOD335i
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 530d Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Not only is it nicc but I'd like to see that one lined up alongside a HSV doing the old trafic light grand prix

****** EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT ******

I've just got back from the BMW show n Shine day and OZMOD335i's cas was there on show. Let me assure you that it's one sweet ride. Looks great. Crongrat again. I didn't stay for the awards and presentations. Did you win your class ???. There were some nice (and riced) BMW's there but this one did it for me (actually the white E30 M3 was pretty damm good as well). Didn't see you beside your car or else I would of introduced myself.
Hi vgr02. It's a long day at those events. The car won it's class and also took out the best overall prize. I didn't think it would because there were so many 635csi's and a lot of the older stlye BMW's. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. It was an expensive day for me because the longer the day went the more my wife spent over at the Myer centre!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #40
LOK11atXEDE
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Many -Daily- 600hp Ford6cyl T

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZMOD335i View Post
Hi vgr02. It's a long day at those events. The car won it's class and also took out the best overall prize. I didn't think it would because there were so many 635csi's and a lot of the older stlye BMW's. Sorry I didn't get to meet you. It was an expensive day for me because the longer the day went the more my wife spent over at the Myer centre!
Hey OZMOD,

Really pleased to see you're enjoying your fine ride and congrats on the prizes at the show. I'm sorry I couldn't get up there that day. I wondered for a while there if we were the only ones aside from you who were going to see that nice carbon work etc. on your car. It must be a few weeks ago now?

BTW, how did it go out at the track day? I guess it was Morgan Park from the look of the pit sheds in the picture.

Quote:
FYI, (I know I'll probably start arguments here or get flamed) it seems that the guys who make the procede started out with xede as their base hardware but now have a different "control box" so, WITHOUT saying which one is better or worse or which came first, they are "brother" units or at least "cousins". See the forced induction section for more info or if you want to read some very heated (and entertaining) arguments. xede vs. procede vs. turbo timer vs. other stuff

My advice- don't flame me. Do some reading in the other threads and make up your own mind! BTW, this is by NO means a bagging of chiptorque's offerings- We can see from above the great stuff they can do.

Docbeemer, surely no one would flame you for that? Everyone's entitled to their opinion and thanks for your kind words. The Australian subforum is very civilised you see. The PROcede guys like exclusivity of supply in whatever they sell and that was no longer available to them with the XEDE so they changed platform. Not many of our Australian 335i customers so far are forum members (despite me encouraging them). It's nice to see one on here, and a great looking one too. I guess, ask OZMOD if he's happy.

Cheers

We make the best tuning tools!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 08:50 PM   #41
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

^My god, have you read some of the posts in the main section? The immature flaming that occurs there is ridiculous! I agree that the australian section is much more civilised.

I'm curious, about how many 335 customers do you have? (I also wonder how many 335's have been sold Aust wide- how many of these are modified?)
      06-12-2007, 07:44 PM   #42
LOK11atXEDE
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: Many -Daily- 600hp Ford6cyl T

Quote:
^My god, have you read some of the posts in the main section? The immature flaming that occurs there is ridiculous! I agree that the australian section is much more civilised.

I'm curious, about how many 335 customers do you have? (I also wonder how many 335's have been sold Aust wide- how many of these are modified?)
Sorry for the delayed response. I welcomed a new grandaughter into the family.
We've done a few at the Gold Coast shop, all the others are US, Japan, SA etc. My observation is that in Australia, only about 2-3% of buyers of cars over $100k will modify their car while under warranty and often a further 6-10% once they are out of warranty. I don't actually know the Australian sales figures for the 335 yet.

Cheers

We make the best tuning tools!!!
Appreciate 0