E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Keyless start retrofit?

01-26-2021, 04:50 PM   #23
Mittzy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmian View Post
Again id suggest you do your homework or try it youself because ive done it on 4 different bmws. People we need to stop giving out suggestions if you haven't had a first hand experience with certain things.
I just tried this with no luck (2008 E92)
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:55 AM   #24
TunafishE93
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Kinda on subject, you could add a remote start and they have keyless take over. Meaning that you wont need key in the ignition to drive away. But you will need to start the car with the remote starter for this to work.

For security the car will shut down if not unlocked with a remote, so someone cant just get in and drive away. Even if say the car is started with windows down and someone gets in and unlock doors with switch, car will shut down as soon as clutch or brake is pressed.

Anyways this would kinda be a keyless system.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2023, 03:22 PM   #25
Klos
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmian View Post
Damn you guys were really $tup!d back in 2015 lol. programming the key is not rocket science, all you have to do is put you old key in the key slot turn on ignition but not start the car, take it out and within 10second hit the lock button 3 times on you new or used key and voila your key is programmed, this works on all e series car, ive tried with e46, e90, e60 and e70.I just buy the $20 key from amazon or ebay, follow the procedure, replace the metal key part from the old key and done. if you need a new key cut just look up laser key cutting in your local area and they do it for like $20. you people need to do some research before giving out your useless opinions telling people its not worth it bla bla.

As for the comfort access i've found that different cars use different number of antennas like the 7 series uses 8 and an e90 uses 4 but on real oem it shows my e70 uses only 2 antennas. In 2020 you can get all parts used for around 300-500 all you have to do is figure out the wiring from all the sensors to the the passive go module and from that module to the cas.Basically the module has 3 wire CAN signal one fused power and one ground, rest are all the wires that go to the sensors and door handles. the cas does not need to be changed or whatever the bs these guys are talking in the previous comments. all you do is program the passive go/CA module to your vin with winkfp, then go into ncs expert and code the CA to cas and frm like e90 or e70/ cas or lma like e60. once programmed you'll see the CA module show up in ncs expert, next you write a blank file to that module in ncs expert and all should work.

I want to do CA but I dont give a fuck about the door handles, I just want CA so I can start my car without putting a key in. Do you think its possible to just do the Antennas and the module itself and resistor the handles out so I can only have the Keyless start.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 04:35 AM   #26
simzep
Rep
Drives: e91 330i

Garage List
2005 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klos View Post
I want to do CA but I dont give a fuck about the door handles, I just want CA so I can start my car without putting a key in. Do you think its possible to just do the Antennas and the module itself and resistor the handles out so I can only have the Keyless start.
First of all the post you quoted is complete nonsense so please don't take it serious.

It should be possible to use the CA module without the handles / bumper antenna. It most likely wont even show an error on the dash. Using a resistor to "disable" the error wont work since they are connected via bus.
I have retrofitted CA to my E91 and it is not a hard as one might think.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 05:15 PM   #27
L3NNY
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 320d Xdrive Touring (f31)

Right I have an E91… just got it, I have read most of this thread BUT it kinda hasn’t answered my question…

Is there ANY WAY and if so HOW can I start my car with my fob in my pocket and not in the slot….. and on a scale of 1 to NOPE! How easy is it for a stupid human????
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 10:20 AM   #28
kevinm03
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp Santorini Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3NNY View Post
Right I have an E91… just got it, I have read most of this thread BUT it kinda hasn’t answered my question…

Is there ANY WAY and if so HOW can I start my car with my fob in my pocket and not in the slot….. and on a scale of 1 to NOPE! How easy is it for a stupid human????
It's a pretty involved retrofit, and you wont have much change out of £1k

Previous: G20 M340i, F36 430d, Mk7 GTI PP, Mk5 GTI ED30
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2023, 02:25 PM   #29
L3NNY
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 320d Xdrive Touring (f31)

Ok so where do I start?
Appreciate 0