E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Auto Electricians in Sydney

06-13-2007, 11:53 PM   #1
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Auto Electricians in Sydney

Hi,

Does anyone recommend any auto electricians in Sydney as I need to get a couple of things hard wired into my car. BMW Sydney refuse to install anything non-genuine so I need to hunt around.

Obviously I don't want to have someone unfamiliar BMW's playing with the new toy.

Thanks,

Stuart
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 08:23 AM   #2
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

The guys near me at Battery World in Castle Hill are very good. Ask for Trevor.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Do you just need accessory power like when the car has started or with just the key in the ignition ??? If so, the easiest place to get that is from the lighter socket in the center console (where the Aux plug is). Getting to the wires at the back is dead easy by pulling off the rear section. It's hard to remove but its just clipped in and requires a bit of gentle pursion but you wont break anything. I hard wired my sat nav to this. If you need a constantly live 12v feed then you need to go behind the glovebox where all the fuses are. I'm an electronics engineer (even though I earn a living outside of this field) and it still scared the $%^& out of me to touch anything behind there.
Appreciate 0