F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Avin USA 10.25 android system install DIY
Studio RSR

01-25-2018, 07:49 AM   #1453
raays
Japan
Rep
Drives: x6 e71 2012

Sorry to hear that , I don’t know if this firmware works 100% on Avin
Mine is not Avin , it’s almost same piece
I will take a shoot tomorrow and I will let you know
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:10 AM   #1454
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by raays View Post
What differences have you noticed? Any fixes to the issues that have been reported?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:33 AM   #1455
madmunky
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Quote:
I says 'You need permission' if I try and download it
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #1456
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmunky View Post
I says 'You need permission' if I try and download it
Correct, Avin only supplies updates for displays purchased from them which only makes sense.

Also, there IS NO January update from Avin and if you brick your unit I cant imagine they will support that under warranty.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:45 AM   #1457
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Correct, Avin only supplies updates for displays purchased from them which only makes sense.

Also, there IS NO January update from Avin and if you brick your unit I cant imagine they will support that under warranty.
You seem to still have Avin's ear. What is your take on all the issues people report here? Is Avin aware of them? Are they working on them? Since none of us are getting responses to our direct emails to them, is it worth still sending those emails in with issues or is it white noise at this point?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #1458
madmunky
Private
Rep

Quote:

That's fine I understand the risk's the units are pretty hard to brick even if the firmware is no good (Though I'm 99% sure all the units use the same firmware from the factories they are all just different resellers) it should be possible to use the manual method to reload the old firmware back again.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 08:59 AM   #1459
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlb5 View Post
Quote:

You seem to still have Avin's ear. What is your take on all the issues people report here? Is Avin aware of them? Are they working on them? Since none of us are getting responses to our direct emails to them, is it worth still sending those emails in with issues or is it white noise at this point?
Good questions, but taking the last one first. They have a new email ticketing system, so when you email them you should get a response and ticket number. That way you know it was received and will be reviewed.

As far as the rest.. complicated answer. Some issues like sound quality from the android side fluctuating between builds I know they are aware of and working on. Some issues appear to be installation problems or loose cables. Some I simply don't understand and haven't seen myself. I have a gen 1 display, probably one of the very first released and not seen anything like what folks have reported here. The only g1 issue I have seen is the oem backup camera not cutting in while on the android side. The rest of the issues? Maybe I have just been lucky but it's been fantastic since install. I do though have a gen2 literally on the way so hopefully that will be resolved.

I will say that my biggest struggle is with the perception that Avin doesn't respond ever, doesn't return emails, or even doesn't care. I have installed their products into every car I own for the last 5 years, and roughly a dozen other cars for friends and family. I speak with them about updates, info, setup etc at least several times a week and hear back very quickly every time. I am fairly convinced Tommy and his staff don't sleep, as I see responses at all hours, 7 days a week. I believe him when he says he gets thousands of emails a day, which is a chore to keep up with, but responds to them all.

So.. I think it is a great product, love it in my F32.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:37 AM   #1460
hburak
Rep
Drives: bmw f30

Quote:
hey guys !!
here is the january update for 10.25 android
you can give a try,but i don`t know if it`s working for all 10.25 devices
hello, can you give me a link
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 11:33 AM   #1461
StorMtroop3r
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3,88 E30 325i Vert

Hey all I’ve recently talked to tommy yesterday about my back up camera also, I bought the aftermarket one with the handle everything works well but no parking lines show up also. I have the gen 2 unit and the only major issues I’m running into is with Apple car play, keeps crashing. Siri is delayed or won’t hear me at all even with an external mic. As far as sound, it’s pretty clear for me I only wish that avin would at least have some kind of news feed on their website to notify us of any firmware or updates on either the units or Apple car play/android auto
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:00 PM   #1462
raays
Japan
Rep

here is that what ive got from January update. please understand that im not sure if this update fits to your device.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #1463
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
here is that what ive got from January update. please understand that im not sure if this update fits to your device.
There is no January update from Avin, so be fully aware of that. I would like to suggest taking new builds, ESPECIALLY from non Avin sources being applied to Avin devices, to another thread?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 10:09 PM   #1464
raays
Japan
Rep

Quote:
There is no January update from Avin, so be fully aware of that. I would like to suggest taking new builds, ESPECIALLY from non Avin sources being applied to Avin devices, to another thread?
that`s true mine is not Avin, but few days ago i updated with october avin`s firmware and i didn`t have no problem with that
i don`t ask ppl to update with january ver ,just i share this
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #1465
CleanKM
SQUEAKY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
that`s true mine is not Avin, but few days ago i updated with october avin`s firmware and i didn`t have no problem with that
i don`t ask ppl to update with january ver ,just i share this
I would recommend taking this to the XDA thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...eries-t3673558
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #1466
mavic1010
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G30 530e

So a new issue has come up. I'm getting music from my carplay spotify coming through the center speaker. The issue is, when the android side starts up, I'm hearing a slight static in the background.

I turned down the GPS sound to zero and it still has some interference. Anyone have any insight???
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 05:11 AM   #1467
madmunky
Private
Rep

Quote:
That's fine I understand the risk's the units are pretty hard to brick even if the firmware is no good (Though I'm 99% sure all the units use the same firmware from the factories they are all just different resellers) it should be possible to use the manual method to reload the old firmware back again.
I’ve just loaded the firmware update posted, of course if you decide to do this also it’s at your own risk. That out the way it seems to work fine no issues so far I’m not sure what’s new/fixed I can only see the new Mercedes Benz UI option which is horrible btw also if anyone tries this do not go into the factory setup touch screen settings as it can mess up the touch screen area and it’s really had to reset it back again

I’ll update again if I find anything new/fixed

Last edited by madmunky; 01-27-2018 at 05:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:31 AM   #1468
auxvoix
Special Ops 💀
Rep
Drives: F10 528i, E46 325i

Quote:
I’ve just loaded the firmware update posted, of course if you decide to do this also it’s at your own risk. That out the way it seems to work fine no issues so far I’m not sure what’s new/fixed I can only see the new Mercedes Benz UI option which is horrible btw also if anyone tries this do not go into the factory setup touch screen settings as it can mess up the touch screen area and it’s really had to reset it back again

I’ll update again if I find anything new/fixed

That last part looks new as well. What exactly are those Touchkeys?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 10:42 AM   #1469
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Can we please take alt OS builds to another separate thread?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 11:16 AM   #1470
madmunky
Private
Rep

Done as requested

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...2#post22705942
Appreciate 2
raays0.00
      01-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #1471
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Thank you, really appreciate it! That way we can keep install and Avin builds in one thread, and modding in another.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2018, 06:05 PM   #1472
rbreding
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328d, 335d, x5d

Alright so I finally got around to trying the GPS splitter from avin for my F30 (https://avinusa.com/gps-splitter-cable.html). However I am thinking that something is different on the newer models (2016) as I couldn't find the blue GPS plug on the back of the NBT EVO unit. Am I blind ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 04:21 AM   #1473
Shouma
Enlisted Member
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Great news for those looking to have Android Auto working on their Avin units. Android Auto was successfully working on my unit using the below headunit reloaded app as of below without CarPlay:

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xy.trial&hl=en

Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3EHUm96Wk

The best way to connect is USB, simply plug your phone into the headunit usb and when prompted on the headunit make sure you allow hur (headunit reloaded app) to be the default app, you should see the prompt twice, in this case you do not need to start any developer mode or such on the phone.

For connecting over WiFi:
1) start android Auto on the phone and start the headunit server
2) create a WiFi hotspot from the phone
3) connect the headunit to the WiFi
4) start HUR
5) press WiFi
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 05:03 AM   #1474
RenMart
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e90 320i

Great.

Was able to make this work as well a while back. However I decided to use the Android unit itself for Navigation (Waze) and others.

Was not able to make the iDrive controls work on Android Auto. It works using CarPlay. Any luck on yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouma View Post
Great news for those looking to have Android Auto working on their Avin units. Android Auto was successfully working on my unit using the below headunit reloaded app as of below without CarPlay:

Google Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xy.trial&hl=en

Demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3EHUm96Wk

The best way to connect is USB, simply plug your phone into the headunit usb and when prompted on the headunit make sure you allow hur (headunit reloaded app) to be the default app, you should see the prompt twice, in this case you do not need to start any developer mode or such on the phone.

For connecting over WiFi:
1) start android Auto on the phone and start the headunit server
2) create a WiFi hotspot from the phone
3) connect the headunit to the WiFi
4) start HUR
5) press WiFi
Appreciate 0