E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 n47 Vacuum Lines?

02-05-2020, 03:43 AM   #1
Trunks85
Trunks
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW e90

E90 n47 Vacuum Lines?

Hi All,

First post and was looking to speak to the guys that know a thing or too. This topic may be somewhere buried deep in this forum as I have been searching for a while now to no avail. Sorry if this is the case.

First things first, I love my car, when it drives well it is a beauty, when it decides it doesn't want to play ball it is a nightmare! So I have the following issue.

Sometimes when the car is warm at idle I get an EML but if I rev a little it goes away, on some occasions it wont go away with a rev and goes into limp mode until I turn the car off and on again. The car will run fine after this. Sometimes this doesn't happen at all. I have ISTA and ran a diagnostics yesterday after it happened on my way to work and remained in limp mode. The following codes were stored:

0040e9

I am also getting the EGR stuck open and closes codes although did not write the codes down...stupidly.

I think it may be a Vac issue and to be fair it would probably do no harm in changing them anyway. But my dilemma is this...is there a clear diagram/guide on where all the vac lines are on the n47? Or could this be something different like a faulty EGR or bunged up DPF?

All ideas are welcome and thanks in advance for the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:47 PM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

sounds like an egr prob,,also vac line to egr could be causing it,,id get vac lines done anyhow,and maybe an egr delete via software,,this will keep it closed,,,,the egr are a common problem on any bmw derv..but if its stuck open it needs replacing or removing..plenty info out there
Appreciate 0