E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > VIN and bricked MULF2HI?

02-11-2020, 03:22 PM   #1
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

VIN and bricked MULF2HI?

So, always something new with this car. - E93 2008

I'll try to make it short, few months back I replaced the radio due to faulty display (Professional), and new radio is newer, from 2010 but it worked without any coding. Recently I got MULF2HI to replace my MULF2 and add USB, whick worked again without coding (new radio was already coded for USB). But I was not able to access them with NCS Expert, while I can access old radio with faulty display. So I decided to upgrade VIN's. As TOOL32 didn't work for me I tried with WINKFP. I managed to update 2RAD and MOSTGW without any problems and with K+DCAN cable, it took about 40 min but successful - maybe, as ZB numbers got changed :?/. Radio is still working but still can not access it via NCS Expert... Main problem is with MULF2HI, while upgrading, stil at 0% WINKFP crashed and radio was playing music from USB few minutes after that but then it stopped and day after USB ant TELEPHONE icons vanished from radio. Module is now in ''programming abort'' mode and I guess not recoverable without ICOM, in which case new module would be cheaper.

Also, I noticed in INPA that bunch of modules have 0000000 or YYYYYYY as VIN. I can not say is this have something to do with me and changing VO to add 6FL for MULF2HI as I never checked it before until I decided to upgrade VIN of RADIO and MULF. So second question about that, should I leave it as it is or should I get ICOM and safely upgrade all modules?

Some picture below:

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

You need and Icom cable for anything with a Most Bus connection after
3/07 is the persistent knowledge.
I would try to find some way to rent or borrow one before committing
to buying one.
Though that may be difficult due to your location.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 12:58 AM   #3
najericam
Private
Malta
Rep
Drives: 320D - E93

Yup, definitely difficult due to location but I'll try. Anyway, It's way cheaper to get new MULF. Interesting is that you can not flash modules on MOST but you can brick them... lol. So something is happening. I was expecting it to be slow only, which is not an issue but not not to be able to flash...

What about VINs, that's fine or need to be sorted out? Thing is I never updated those modules.

Also, I found that is possible to bring module back to programing status 1 with tool32, but nothing specific. Any info on this?
Appreciate 0