E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 2009 328i xdrive no start

06-03-2021, 11:26 PM   #1
contie92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (2) e90 328.s1000rr

2009 328i xdrive no start

so over the last week my cars starting got weaker and weaker. today it was very bad i got home and actually got in my car to go buy a battery and it tried to turn and just didnt have the juice battery was 12 years old orginally. i went and got a new battery, and now when i try to turn the car on it just dosent have enough juice at all it seems to even get it to crank. Unfortunelty its rather late so i dont have many options. tomorrow im going to buy another new battery and return this one. I wanted to see if anyone els had this problem after replacing a battery.I even tried jumping the car and it made no difference. Im hoping its just a really shit battery but also want to prepare that its potentially something els. But im trying to figure out what the something els can be before hand. My guesses so far are the starter just happend to take a shit when i replaced the battery just seems weird. Or a fuse blew but that just seems odd since all i did was the replace a battery.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 08:41 AM   #2
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by contie92 View Post
so over the last week my cars starting got weaker and weaker. today it was very bad i got home and actually got in my car to go buy a battery and it tried to turn and just didnt have the juice battery was 12 years old orginally. i went and got a new battery, and now when i try to turn the car on it just dosent have enough juice at all it seems to even get it to crank. Unfortunelty its rather late so i dont have many options. tomorrow im going to buy another new battery and return this one. I wanted to see if anyone els had this problem after replacing a battery.I even tried jumping the car and it made no difference. Im hoping its just a really shit battery but also want to prepare that its potentially something els. But im trying to figure out what the something els can be before hand. My guesses so far are the starter just happend to take a shit when i replaced the battery just seems weird. Or a fuse blew but that just seems odd since all i did was the replace a battery.
Could be the alternator. Could also be a fuel pump. Unfortunately when a car starts several things occur so without logging it it's tough to give a definitive answer on the cause.
      06-04-2021, 07:11 PM   #3
contie92
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (2) e90 328.s1000rr

when the alternator goes bad the car wont stay running and that wasent and issue. If it was just the fuel pump it would be cranking and not starting.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 01:37 AM   #4
Stuiterbal
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Has it started successfully with the new battery at all? Are the connectors to the battery clean?

Like this recent ChrisFix video with some diagnostic tips on troubleshooting potential battery issues:
Appreciate 0