E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 Exhaust Help (Headers + ?)

04-10-2020, 02:02 AM   #111
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quite a few guys don't do the muffler delete without the the secondaries. I am of the opinion of getting a BMW PE or other aftermarket muffler and use a resonator. My setup is Eisenmann catback and AA headers. No secondaries and it comes with a resonator, when fully warmed up it's quite mellow, but will scream and backfire when going WOT and downshifting aggressively, the exhaust shoots flames some times too lol
Does it smell?
The smell varies. Sometimes at the red light if there is no wind blowing or there is wind blowing in the other direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Quote:
This is exactly what I am looking for. My E82 128i has the AA catback exhaust/anti drone muffler and catless headers but stock secondaries and stock res.. I was gonna either do Supersprint Sec 1 delete with their tuned sec 2 res or keep my stock secondaries and do a Supersprint
Sec 2 delete.

How is the smell if any with your set up Biginboca?
The smell is strong when you smell it, but you will smell it pretty much only in 2 circumstances.

Coming to a red light with your window a down. (After you have stopped for a few seconds the exhaust wave catches up to the car and you smell it inside the car for about 10 seconds before it seems to mostly dissipate.)

If you have the car running and go to put something in the trunk.

how do you guys pass inspection with the headers for no cats at all? I'm just worried about that. If that's the case I might need to keep stock ones to swap out when inspection comes. I was also looking at the Supersprint HFCs but that might have to wait till I do my suspension work first and I haven't had much luck finding anyone's experience with those

would a muffler shop be able to fabricate high flow cats so I can have the best of both worlds? I'm also afraid my car will be overly loud with my current set up
I pay extra and I have the original cats. AFE makes high flows.
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #112
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quite a few guys don't do the muffler delete without the the secondaries. I am of the opinion of getting a BMW PE or other aftermarket muffler and use a resonator. My setup is Eisenmann catback and AA headers. No secondaries and it comes with a resonator, when fully warmed up it's quite mellow, but will scream and backfire when going WOT and downshifting aggressively, the exhaust shoots flames some times too lol
Does it smell?
The smell varies. Sometimes at the red light if there is no wind blowing or there is wind blowing in the other direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biginboca View Post
Quote:
This is exactly what I am looking for. My E82 128i has the AA catback exhaust/anti drone muffler and catless headers but stock secondaries and stock res.. I was gonna either do Supersprint Sec 1 delete with their tuned sec 2 res or keep my stock secondaries and do a Supersprint
Sec 2 delete.

How is the smell if any with your set up Biginboca?
The smell is strong when you smell it, but you will smell it pretty much only in 2 circumstances.

Coming to a red light with your window a down. (After you have stopped for a few seconds the exhaust wave catches up to the car and you smell it inside the car for about 10 seconds before it seems to mostly dissipate.)

If you have the car running and go to put something in the trunk.

how do you guys pass inspection with the headers for no cats at all? I'm just worried about that. If that's the case I might need to keep stock ones to swap out when inspection comes. I was also looking at the Supersprint HFCs but that might have to wait till I do my suspension work first and I haven't had much luck finding anyone's experience with those

would a muffler shop be able to fabricate high flow cats so I can have the best of both worlds? I'm also afraid my car will be overly loud with my current set up
I pay extra and I have the original cats. AFE makes high flows.
not willing to go the AFE route
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 04:31 AM   #113
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
What about Magnaflow?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:12 PM   #114
NWA E90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive [N51]

Quote:
I wouldn't go AFE for exhausts or intakes for that matter either.

I have the same setup (inspired by big) except for SS section 1. if you're worried about emissions go with the Evolve R tune. They're able to disable the cat monitors and dial down the sensitivity of the rear 02's.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 09:39 AM   #115
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA E90 View Post
Quote:

I have the same setup (inspired by big) except for SS section 1. if you're worried about emissions go with the Evolve R tune. They're able to disable the cat monitors and dial down the sensitivity of the rear 02's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWA E90 View Post
Quote:

nah. I have StageFPs tune since I took the trip down there and got to get it done on their dyno
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:20 PM   #116
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Evolve tune? man, I haven't heard that name in ages. There are reasons...
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 03:42 PM   #117
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

The more I read these things, the more it confirms how much the stock middle resonator/muffler, whatever dampens the sound. That seems to be a common factor for respectable noise when cruising and nice pepper when you push. Seems to be regardless of the header involved.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #118
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
nah. I have StageFPs tune since I took the trip down there and got to get it done on their dyno
What were the results?