E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Accents Opinions Needed!

02-03-2017, 05:23 PM   #1
Stars1315
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335xi

Accents Opinions Needed!

Trying to map out my exterior for myself. My 335 is white, planning on picking up some gunmetal wheels in the near future, so the question now is, black accents? Carbon fiber? Or none?

I feel like black is just too dark and flat. But I havn't really been able to find a good comparison for everything. What I had in mind was cf splitters, spoiler, mirrors, and possibly diffuser and grills. But I have a PE 2011 so I like my m stripes on my grill, and I'm not sure the diffuser replacement would really be worth it. I'd probably have to go to quad tips as well with the diffuser I suppose? I like the idea, but more money, and not sure it is a big improvement over the black.

Also planning on changing my angel eyes of course. Probably the lux h8 kit. Should I tint the tail/head lights or is that too, err, ricer? Might look kind of funky on a white car I think.

All ideas and opinions appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #2
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreto727 View Post
Trying to map out my exterior for myself. My 335 is white, planning on picking up some gunmetal wheels in the near future, so the question now is, black accents? Carbon fiber? Or none?

I feel like black is just too dark and flat. But I havn't really been able to find a good comparison for everything. What I had in mind was cf splitters, spoiler, mirrors, and possibly diffuser and grills. But I have a PE 2011 so I like my m stripes on my grill, and I'm not sure the diffuser replacement would really be worth it. I'd probably have to go to quad tips as well with the diffuser I suppose? I like the idea, but more money, and not sure it is a big improvement over the black.

Also planning on changing my angel eyes of course. Probably the lux h8 kit. Should I tint the tail/head lights or is that too, err, ricer? Might look kind of funky on a white car I think.

All ideas and opinions appreciated!
Personally I always though cf looked sick on white. I have a bsm 335i and am not a fan of cf on it, but if It was white I'd have it covered in cf accents. Maybe look into a front lip? Also black out the window trim. I guess it depends on your preference but I think an arkym style lip is much nicer than splitters. Have fun and post some pics!
      02-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

CF all the way....and lose the /// stripes on your grill
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
Stars1315
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCon View Post
Personally I always though cf looked sick on white. I have a bsm 335i and am not a fan of cf on it, but if It was white I'd have it covered in cf accents. Maybe look into a front lip? Also black out the window trim. I guess it depends on your preference but I think an arkym style lip is much nicer than splitters. Have fun and post some pics!
Hmm I'll look into front lips. I want to avoid lowering the front bumper for now because I live in a bump/pothole infested area and where I go to school up in MA is even worse.

The trims are already blacked though. Not sure if previous owner did it or if its stock on my car because it has all the sport options. Gotta redo my very back driver side window tint though because previous owner had the bright idea of putting his permit stickers directly on the tint there
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 03:39 PM   #5
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm I'll look into front lips. I want to avoid lowering the front bumper for now because I live in a bump/pothole infested area and where I go to school up in MA is even worse.

The trims are already blacked though. Not sure if previous owner did it or if its stock on my car because it has all the sport options. Gotta redo my very back driver side window tint though because previous owner had the bright idea of putting his permit stickers directly on the tint there
Same I live in NJ and it's a nightmare but I manage. Totally worth it. If your interested in one let me know i can send you to my vendor who has the best prices around.
      02-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #6
Stars1315
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Same I live in NJ and it's a nightmare but I manage. Totally worth it. If your interested in one let me know i can send you to my vendor who has the best prices around.
Does he do anything else besides the front lips?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
SeanCon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Does he do anything else besides the front lips?
He has it all. Pm'ed you his phone number
      02-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #8
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Carbon Fibre without a doubt.