E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Rob Beck Turbo Upgrade

09-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #45
munters
Captain
Rep
Drives: E91 335XI AT Dakota Black M

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipseracer View Post
I just don't think that a lot of companies are in such dire straights that they would sell a turbo kit to someone who is a pain in the ass over someone who won't be a pain in the ass... Regardless, they are going to help recover some of their tooling R&D expenses, get time to get it all right and sell the turbo upgrade at a pace that is manageable. Once they have done that, then they can come here and sell. But I seriously doubt they have a need so bad that they are going out of their way to appease some a-hole skeptics. Why would you do that anyway? You've got some sensitive ass end-user consumer that wants to know how many freckles are on your ass, VS selling to a competition race team that knows there can be problems or hiccups and knows if they break their car, that's what racing is about sometimes.

I've warned on many occasions, if you talk shit to a vendor enough, they won't innovate for you anymore. The skeptics out there, can put your two cents in, but please, for the benefit of the rest of us, keep your negative input to yourself until you can back your claims with first hand data.

Sometimes I get tired of the "I'm the consumer bend over for me" attitude. Not everything has a 'Better Business Bureau" approval sticker on and and comes with an inclusive 5yr/50k warranty....

EDIT: Also, FYI for all you people that think the BBB is a government institution, they are not. They are a ripoff extortion company that hides behind the bureau name to make it seem that way and requires companies to pay literally hundreds of thousands of dollars depending on the size to become an 'accredited' member. Once a member, you can pay to expedite the removal of complaints. Where as a non-member may never be able to get a false complaint off their record and are spattered with warning and beware remarks to the consumer. Just look at Walmart. Chances are not ONE store you have ever been to is a member of the BBB.
Basicly I agree as well... , but there are to many asses in it.
      09-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #46
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSid View Post
I agree with your point... however. With Used 335i prices in other "tuner" car ranges and warranties for the first run 335i's expiring I think that trend is going to change pretty soon. There's plenty of tuner cars out there (evo, sti, 350z etc) that spend 3k+ on turbo kits. hell the turbo kit for my rsx was 4,500.
agreed i spend pretty close to 7-8k with a build motor and turbo kit on my rsx and im willing to spend that with a upgraded kit as well for the 3
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 11:54 AM   #47
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Apologies to ASR, guess i was wrong:
i had just found it odd that there was so much excitement, hype, and ASR e90post forum interaction a few months ago then basically nothing.

i guess your absence from this forum was and is a marketing decision... things do change and maybe you will be back here again a bit more.
hopefully a few forum members will get your turbo upgrade and report back here with all the juicy details.

as for certain members being a pain in the ass - you can just ignore them as i try to do.

good luck with your continued turbo and other successes.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #48
asr engineering
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
Apologies to ASR, guess i was wrong:
i had just found it odd that there was so much excitement, hype, and ASR e90post forum interaction a few months ago then basically nothing.

i guess your absence from this forum was and is a marketing decision... things do change and maybe you will be back here again a bit more.
hopefully a few forum members will get your turbo upgrade and report back here with all the juicy details.

as for certain members being a pain in the ass - you can just ignore them as i try to do.

good luck with your continued turbo and other successes.
Thank you for your positive comments and I appreciate your effort. No need to apologize to me personally though, as my comments were intended for those that were making negative comments as a whole. My apologies as well for making it seem as if my post was singling you out.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #49
Aridk
Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SfValley335i View Post
I'd be surprised if even 10% of this forum buys ANY turbo kit... A kit will run around 3k plus install. There most people here dont even run stage 3... Plus are shitting bricks worried about warranty and what mods are easy to remove for service etc.

I think there's only a handful of people that will go all the way and do stage 3 mods and a turbo upgrade.
Hi have you invested in one? last time I heard from you, you had some issues with your turbo`s
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #50
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr engineering View Post
Thank You, coudn't have said it better myself!
And I have nothing to gain by defending you or any other vendor here. I just work in an industry where the customer's are a fucking pain in my ass and I'd tell them all to fuck themselves if it weren't for the fact that I work in a professional industry. So, I'm just speaking up and saying the shit I know you want to say... So. Can us 'supporters' see some news? Tid bits? Vids? I'm dying for some info.
Appreciate 0