E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Not possible to connect this device. Bluetooth version no longer compatible

04-23-2024, 05:09 AM   #1
Bakon2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Not possible to connect this device. Bluetooth version no longer compatible

Just picked up our 2024 X5. This is a US spec vehicle. We picked it up in Ramstein last week. It does not have EU maps. Our Android Auto will not work. Bluetooth connects...I set up Alexa no problem. Music streams just fine. I have tried to do the soft reset on the radio and removed phones from the car and the car from the phones. None of these steps fix the issue. Just trying to avoid making an appointment at the dealer and the time to take it there.
Anyone else encounter this before and know if there is a way for me to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:38 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

You might try a forum that does cover the year and model of your car
the last e90 was made in 2013.
Also BMW makes you pay for every option are you sure the options actually came
with the car.

Use mdecoder.com if you don't have the installed options sheet.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 12:17 AM   #3
Bakon2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2024, 06:46 PM   #4
EmiM3
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5

Garage List
2024 BMW X5  [0.00]
Nice I had my 2024 X5 purchased from Bavarian Motors BMW IN Ramstein also and mine got delivered with idrive 8.0 and everything worked to include myBMW app remote comfort access features and CarPlay out the box… I went to do my first oil change and recalls last week July 15 and they undated my idrive to 8.5 and now my Bluetooth says the say it’s no longer compatible which makes no sense. I’m also ripping my hairs and I’ve done all the resets possible to include full car battery disconnects and trying to activate eSIM subscriptions and that’s how I found out actually that both Verizon nor Tmobil can connect to my eSIM to activate and I tried it from telecom website for their free hotspot drive free trial and also confirmed my vehicle telematics isn’t connecting the car online to the AWS server… I’ve announced the delayed and connect tribes both sides of the world to include customer relations… only hope left is Bavarian might have figured out a work around by installing EU maps supposedly they have to do that to all the new deliveries to get CarPlay unlocked and that’s a $430 expense you have to eat in addition probably because the networks were loosing money in their contracts because nobody in the right mind would buy the bmw maps if CarPlay works and you can use for free maps/google maps/waze so it makes sense they want to push service provider subscriptions to unlock/activate your vehicle eSIM the other issue I’m figuring out is that due to them performing the software update at the dealer connecting the laptop to the vehicle geo locked the vehicle connection the the cloud container which in turn isn’t communicating or communicating with the phone to allow the wifi pivot but I can’t determine this for sure until I go back to open up a TSAR case tomorrow because I’ve been run around the whole week springing most my time on the phone they on to figure this out. I took it in for my first oil change and recalls to get the vehicle fixed and I get it back broken somewhere else. I’ll follow up with what I figured out. I’m willing to just pay the $430 and do the EU map route at this point it’s unfortunate my oil change at Euler in Landshul was $410!!! And they broke my CarPlay and eSIM wifi connection… I only did the service to maintain good standing for warranty I perform oil changes and brakes small easy task myself usually and after this experience I’m for sure never taking my vehicles into the dealer until something significant… they probably do that on purpose to make you come back and waste your time plus their loaners cost €59 that’s crazy I just put changed an $80K vehicle out of curiosity that’s the least they can do. I lost faith in the ista service teachs. Good luck I’m really hoping to get my CarPlay back online otherwise the vehicle was been really impressive and I was happy with my purchase until this issue and mostly the dealer to blame for it.
Appreciate 0