E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Not able to switch back to iDrive with carplay unit

12-02-2023, 12:35 AM   #1
extra_e90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330I

Not able to switch back to iDrive with carplay unit

So recently I just picked up a 2006 330i with logic 7 and CCC iDrive. The previous owner installed an aftermarket aliexpress head unit and everything works great except when I try to switch back to iDrive I get a black and white screen with vertical bars. Has anyone come across this issue? This is the unit he installed https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003676839540.html

Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some insight before I reinstall the original head unit. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Hey guys sorry I figured it out, I contacted the seller and turns out the previous owner ordered a carplay unit for the CIC system and not the CCC

Last edited by extra_e90; 12-02-2023 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: Issue solved
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 04:36 AM   #2
peterharris
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda CB1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_e90 View Post
So recently I just picked up a 2006 330i with logic 7 and CCC iDrive. The previous owner installed an aftermarket aliexpress head unit and everything works great except when I try to switch back to iDrive I get a black and white screen with vertical bars. Has anyone come across this issue? This is the unit he installed https://www.aliexpress.com/item/uno online1005003676839540.html

Just wanted to see if anyone could give me some insight before I reinstall the original head unit. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Hey guys sorry I figured it out, I contacted the seller and turns out the previous owner ordered a carplay unit for the CIC system and not the CCC
As I know, the black and white screen with vertical bars is a common issue when the head unit is not compatible with the iDrive system.

It’s always a good idea to double-check the compatibility of any aftermarket parts before installing them. In this case, it seems that the previous owner ordered a carplay unit for the CIC system instead of the CCC system.
Appreciate 0