E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Auto Club Speedway, May 15th & 16th

05-18-2010, 01:58 PM   #23
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Whew. What a weekend.

Volunteered for the Car Control Clinic program for the first time. It was a lot more fun than I had expected, and I applaud all you CCC coaches for what you do. It is a lot more physically taxing than sitting right seat on the big track. Kudos mang.

Working sux today. That is all.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #24
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ED 7/07

Does anybody know who was driving the grey e46 M3 with orange wheels in the A group?
      05-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
Whew. What a weekend.

Volunteered for the Car Control Clinic program for the first time. It was a lot more fun than I had expected, and I applaud all you CCC coaches for what you do. It is a lot more physically taxing than sitting right seat on the big track. Kudos mang.

Working sux today. That is all.

It sucked more yesterday!!
It's really amazing how hard you concentrate at these things. My buddy and I always have a HUGE headache after these events. And we're drinking a ton all day. Way more than I usually do, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't dehydrated.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #26
Hit_Apex
Riding the knock sensor
Rep
Drives: 21 X5MC | 23 M4CSL

Garage List
2021 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e9x's View Post
Does anybody know who was driving the grey e46 M3 with orange wheels in the A group?
I wasn't there but if it had Evosport decals it was Rune Glifberg.
      05-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #27
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
It sucked more yesterday!!
Not for me it didn't. Was back at the Speedway Monday.

Quote:
It's really amazing how hard you concentrate at these things. My buddy and I always have a HUGE headache after these events. And we're drinking a ton all day. Way more than I usually do, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't dehydrated.
I used to have that problem too. Turns out my head is kinda flat in the back (thanks mom!) and wide in the middle and the XL Bieffe helmet, while a nice and snug fit, pinched my head in all the wrong places.

Took an exacto knife and removed a small portion of the high density foam padding on the inside. In hindsight it probably would have been smarter to just go buy a new helmet that fit better. I guess I was lucky that I never had the need to actually "use" the helmet as intended. Got an HJC now and have not had the problem since despite using it MORE than I did the Bieffe. Well, that and I usually take two tylenol at the beginning of the day just for sh*ts and giggles and that seems to help A LOT.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #28
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not for me it didn't. Was back at the Speedway Monday.

I used to have that problem too. Turns out my head is kinda flat in the back (thanks mom!) and wide in the middle and the XL Bieffe helmet, while a nice and snug fit, pinched my head in all the wrong places.

Took an exacto knife and removed a small portion of the high density foam padding on the inside. In hindsight it probably would have been smarter to just go buy a new helmet that fit better. I guess I was lucky that I never had the need to actually "use" the helmet as intended. Got an HJC now and have not had the problem since despite using it MORE than I did the Bieffe. Well, that and I usually take two tylenol at the beginning of the day just for sh*ts and giggles and that seems to help A LOT.
Did you guys have the track Monday too, or was that another organization? It's good to see you guys get some track time if it was with the CCA.

Could you tell the powers that be, you REALLY NEED A NEW WEBSITE??!!
Something that will explain what happens and answer some simple questions about going to the track. The D group only had a handful of people in it Sat. Sun was a little better, but it would be better to see some new blood out there.
When every I post about these, peole always want a link. All that's available is the application. Not what people want now a days. You need pics and vids or some classroom time, in car vid of instruction being given and of course track vid. People will pay $1600 for two days at the OC El Toro school, but won't pay $525 for two days of in car instruction at a major raceway. Proximity obvously has something to do with it, but this venus is so much better than an airstrip. Most people also think it's just going around the oval.
It's also not easy to find the all the forms for a newb. I know where everything its now, but others, who have done a few events, couldn't find the forms easily.

I think the Tylenol/Motrin will be on the "track list" for all future track days. It's also good to know we're not the only ones.

And the troll wasn't there this time.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #29
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Did you guys have the track Monday too, or was that another organization? It's good to see you guys get some track time if it was with the CCA.

Could you tell the powers that be, you REALLY NEED A NEW WEBSITE??!!
Something that will explain what happens and answer some simple questions about going to the track. The D group only had a handful of people in it Sat. Sun was a little better, but it would be better to see some new blood out there.
When every I post about these, peole always want a link. All that's available is the application. Not what people want now a days. You need pics and vids or some classroom time, in car vid of instruction being given and of course track vid. People will pay $1600 for two days at the OC El Toro school, but won't pay $525 for two days of in car instruction at a major raceway. Proximity obvously has something to do with it, but this venus is so much better than an airstrip. Most people also think it's just going around the oval.
It's also not easy to find the all the forms for a newb. I know where everything its now, but others, who have done a few events, couldn't find the forms easily.

I think the Tylenol/Motrin will be on the "track list" for all future track days. It's also good to know we're not the only ones.

And the troll wasn't there this time.
I was there with another organization that rented out the track for Monday. I'm just a glutton for punishment when it comes to the track I guess.

And the "powers that be" would be me. I've been tasked with bringing the chapter's website up to, at least, 21st century standards. I've got a plan of attack in place to allow the chapter board to update quickly the content of the website and assign individuals on the board specific control over each aspect of their responsibilities...i.e. a REAL content management system for the back end.

Unfortunately, like all volunteer organizations, it takes time and effort outside of our normal working hours. But thank you for the reminder. I will get right on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #30
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

All you efforts are appreciated.
Any chance for a forum too? I think there use to be one.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 05:14 PM   #31
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
All you efforts are appreciated.
Any chance for a forum too? I think there use to be one.
I'm not sure a forum is a necessity. It will be built in a blog format where people can leave comments on the articles.

However, i feel that there's already TOO MANY forums trying to draw too small a pie. E46Fanatics, M3Forums, Bimmerfest, Bimmerforums, and the various BimmerPost forums are all drawing enthusiasts in different directions. Heck I hang out on most of the forums listed and half the time I thought I had posted something on one forum and later to be repeated on another forum.

Just take a look at National's website. That forum is practically DEAD, despite the potential 40,000+ CCA members being able to access it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #32
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_Apex View Post
I wasn't there but if it had Evosport decals it was Rune Glifberg.
Thanks. It did have Evosport decals. Is Rune an instructor?
      05-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #33
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. It did have Evosport decals. Is Rune an instructor?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rune_Glifberg
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #34
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure a forum is a necessity. It will be built in a blog format where people can leave comments on the articles.

However, i feel that there's already TOO MANY forums trying to draw too small a pie. E46Fanatics, M3Forums, Bimmerfest, Bimmerforums, and the various BimmerPost forums are all drawing enthusiasts in different directions. Heck I hang out on most of the forums listed and half the time I thought I had posted something on one forum and later to be repeated on another forum.

Just take a look at National's website. That forum is practically DEAD, despite the potential 40,000+ CCA members being able to access it.
That should be cool. Just someplace where people can ask questions and get some answers. That e-mail Delight sent out a couple days before was useful, but I'm sure people had other questions.
Good luck with the new site. I'm looking forward to checking it out. People like lots of pics and vids.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #35
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the link. He needs to be reminded about point-by's...
      05-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #36
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

It seems the higher up you go in class, the harder it is to get a point by.
After the Subaru, we had no trouble with point-by's in the C/D class.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #37
2e9x's
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It seems the higher up you go in class, the harder it is to get a point by.
After the Subaru, we had no trouble with point-by's in the C/D class.
FYI I was the corner worker throwing the blue flag at the Subrau...
      05-22-2010, 12:33 AM   #38
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FYI I was the corner worker throwing the blue flag at the Subrau...
Thanks for trying. I don't know what was up with her. She'd FLOOR it when we got to the straights and that thing was pretty fast so no one could pass, then she'd slow down to 30mph through the turns.
Was her finger not working?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #39
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

For anyone interested in pics from CaliPhotography. This is from Brian:

Quote:
We tend to average around 30-40 photos per driver on a given day, so both days are above average. Also, the price has recently been reduced from $135 for the weekend to $120, so it's already on sale. You'll need to add all your photos to the cart as Hi-Res digitals and also add one "Add 2nd day of Hi-Res Digitals" in order to purchase both days. If you put them in your cart and wait a day or two, I believe the system will automatically email you a 10% off coupon, which is the most I would be able to discount. Thanks for your understanding and patronage.
Appreciate 0