E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Activated factory alarm, still no chirp or panic

04-17-2023, 10:46 PM   #1
glass.marshall1
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325xi (e90)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [10.00]
So; coded my girly a while ago using bimmercode to activate panic alarm, chirp when locking, all that good stuff. Tried it out after and still nothing, no panic alarm, no chirp nothing. Did I miss something? Do I gotta go into expert mode and tweak some stuff there too?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 04:03 AM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass.marshall1 View Post
So; coded my girly a while ago using bimmercode to activate panic alarm, chirp when locking, all that good stuff. Tried it out after and still nothing, no panic alarm, no chirp nothing. Did I miss something? Do I gotta go into expert mode and tweak some stuff there too?
you probably need to retrofit alarm siren to have chirp
      04-19-2023, 12:22 PM   #3
madderhorn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328xi Space Grey

To see if you have the alarm system installed you can check to see if the clown nose under the mirror blinks red when locking car with key. If not you will have to install the system which is fairly simple if your car is prewired.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 01:44 PM   #4
sam9116
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ​

You're definitely missing the hardware. I just recently retrofitted alarm to my car. As soon as the alarm parts is plugged in, you can hear the chirp when locking/unlocking, no coding needed.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2023, 02:02 PM   #5
glass.marshall1
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 325xi (e90)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madderhorn View Post
To see if you have the alarm system installed you can check to see if the clown nose under the mirror blinks red when locking car with key. If not you will have to install the system which is fairly simple if your car is prewired.
Window sticker claims it's installed tho; I wonder if that means the prewire and not the ACTUAL system?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 10:53 AM   #6
madderhorn
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328xi Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass.marshall1 View Post
Window sticker claims it's installed tho; I wonder if that means the prewire and not the ACTUAL system?
Hmmm I'm not too sure on that one- you can actually fairly easily check to see if you have it installed by looking in a few locations. For a visual you can just look up an alarm kit install on youtube and they will show off the locations.

The easiest place to look is just under the hood on the top right side of the engine bay. You will be looking for a pressure switch that makes a connection with the hood when it closes. If the switch is not there, it should just be a connector that is plugged into nothing that leads to the location.

The second place you can look if you are comfortable doing it is by removing the rear dome light. Here you will see a black little box that sits over the little slits in the dome light. If that box isn't there it shoud just be another connector that is secured to nothing. Removing the dome light is pretty easy once you know how.

If you look in these places and don't see a wire or the electronic then you aren't prewired at all. But if you are ~mid 09' production date or lower you should be prewired already.

If you find that you are prewired and don't have the electronics it is fairly cheap if you want to buy and install it. I personally found an e82 alarm kit off of ecs that was cheaper than every other listing for e92 alarm kits for some reason. Despite being e82 it worked on mine and I saved some money.

For me the alarm did not work initally without coding and I didn't hear the chirp at all. It was only after coding with ncs expert that I was able to get all my functions.
Appreciate 0